My first 'Photo Diary' - A morning shooting landscapes.

achtungbarry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.achtungbarry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hope this is the right place to put this.

An unusual C and C here, it is no so much C and C of photos but of a 'photo diary'.

A lot of my favorite photographers publish 'photo diaries' on their sites so I decided I would give it a try! I used an old blog post as the basis and re-wrote it to add new content.

Basically it is an account of a morning spent shooting landscapes at Carton House in Ireland. It also contains background information to each of the shots I took. I really enjoyed putting it together. I'm off to Paris in a few weeks to get some shots so I might try writing a few more when I get back.

I'd love to hear some feedback.

Here is the link:

Dawn Photography in Carton House

I like this a lot. It is definitely geared towards photography, but you explain things in a way that are interesting to anybody. It would be interesting to try other approaches to the writing. This starts off setting the scene and telling the story, then you mostly explain the shots--you're writing with the photography audience in mind. You could try writing a fiction piece to narrate the images, or making more like a journal entry. Maybe something like this? The Ol' College Try: On a Walk Around the House

beautiful work! I like the way you "narrated" it also.

Awesome! Other than girls in bikinis it's perfect.

Most reactions

Back