My first photo shoot ever

LoKaM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my camera for christmas and this was my first ''serious'' photoshoot.

I did it with my good friend Jim. It's far from perfect but I like how it looks.

Give me comments and constructive critisicm please :)

PS : Don't worry about the tag it's just a temporary thing.

EDIT : I corrected the yellowing in photoshop, I left one of the original at number 4.

glo1ow6.jpg

glo2copyqj2.jpg

glo3kk5.jpg

TempGLO4.jpg

With Color Adjustment and minor photoshoping

glo4alternate3cm1.jpg

glo6jt1.jpg

I think you were on track with the color adjustment. I think they were all too yellow (in skin tones). It almost looks like you didn't white balance the camera first. If however, you were going for "yellow"; you did it. But check out the colors. (these might be good candidates for B&W)

As far as the posing itself... I liked them. Very fashion photo style.

Number 2 seems a little to dark, and i also think the yellowness of them puts it down a bit. i really like the color adjusted one though, makes a really big difference. wish i could get pictures looking that good lol

I think you were on track with the color adjustment. I think they were all too yellow (in skin tones). It almost looks like you didn't white balance the camera first. If however, you were going for "yellow"; you did it. But check out the colors. (these might be good candidates for B&W)

As far as the posing itself... I liked them. Very fashion photo style.

I don't really know how to color balance haha..It's on auto I think.

personally I would like to see a bit of separation between you subject and the background. My eye trace tends to go towards the subjects shadow instead of his face in a few of the shots.
If you have the room then try to move the subject further away from the wall. This will also allow you to control your background light better and add a nice rim light!
Really it was nicely don't for your first try! Great job!

Yeah well it was done in my livingroom and I had very little space to back up haha.

Check out the owners manual and teach yourself how to white balance your camera. That will help greatly!

I like the work... I don't like the color. You've turned the yellow, green. Keep working on it.

Lighting is the key here. I think the shadows are distracting to the eye.

He's way to close to the wall. The shadow makes them look like glorified mugshots.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I'm just calling it how it is.

He's way to close to the wall. The shadow makes them look like glorified mugshots.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I'm just calling it how it is.

Don't worry about sounding like a jerk.. I appreciate honesty.

I think black and white would have been great for the first shot especially and I agree the shadows take away from the shots. Maybe move out from the wall and add some additional lighting.

Thats my input.

Yeah, I'll strive to do better next time :)

Just so you don't feel too down...they're pretty good. Especially the posing...that's usually the hardest part for a photographer...

At first glance, I didn't see the shadow, but then I saw it. I think the pose is good and it's pretty creative and in general, I think they are decent shots.

Most reactions

Back