My First Photo with Flash.

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
flash.jpg

ISO 6400!!!!!!!!

with flash - gah come on you can use a way lower ISO than that with flash support - if used right

oh and whilst highkey can work really well I think you might have overdone it just a tiny little bit (unless you were shooting white paper inwhichcase I think you might have nailed it, but the subject will not convey much to others save those in the paper industry(

I find it quite funny that all I see is a white screen :p. Maybe my comp just wont load the pic or you just misused the flash a little bit :greenpbl:

Great photo, I like what it says about the blank slate that you, as a photographer, have to work with at times.

Interesting...

I think it could be improved a little if you had followed the rule of thirds...

Damn bitter nice pic man, it is like a painting of heaven.... wait...

I really like the tones and the depth. It really draws the viewer in and creates a bond between subject and viewer. The only suggestion I have for improvement would be to get the flash off the camera and have it about 3ft to the left or right of the camera and about 3-4 feet above it.

Great work. I look forward to more of your flash work.

ISO 6400!!!!!!!!

with flash - gah come on you can use a way lower ISO than that with flash support - if used right

But it was a low light situation.

oh and whilst highkey can work really well I think you might have overdone it just a tiny little bit (unless you were shooting white paper inwhichcase I think you might have nailed it, but the subject will not convey much to others save those in the paper industry(

I was going for the high key look. My friends an I were having a great time, and I thought it would accent that.

I find it quite funny that all I see is a white screen :p. Maybe my comp just wont load the pic or you just misused the flash a little bit :greenpbl:

It's your computer. You need to calibrate your monitor.

Great photo, I like what it says about the blank slate that you, as a photographer, have to work with at times.
Thanks! I was pretty happy with how it turned out, being so new to flash photography and all.

:lmao: Before I opened this, I was thinking, "he must joking right?"
Joke? Thanks a lot, buddy. :grumpy:

Interesting...

I think it could be improved a little if you had followed the rule of thirds...
I thought this was a good time to break that rule, though. Maybe I'll go back and recrop it.

Damn bitter nice pic man, it is like a painting of heaven.... wait...

Thanks! I appreciate you kind comments.
I really like the tones and the depth. It really draws the viewer in and creates a bond between subject and viewer. The only suggestion I have for improvement would be to get the flash off the camera and have it about 3ft to the left or right of the camera and about 3-4 feet above it.

Great work. I look forward to more of your flash work.
Wow! I admire your work, and you are such a respected member, that is an awesome compliment to me. I'll use your advice on my next shoot.

You need a diffuser.
What would you recommend?

I really like it. You are expressing your creative side, don't listen to all these mean critics.

And as long as you are happy it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Oh yeah, what does ISO 6400 mean?

Can anyone tell me how to post a picture?

I've got some snapshots I'm going to post later, please tell me how cool they are. I'm thinking about putting them on my Facebook page but thought I'd show you guys first.

The white's are a little blown out.

Bitter Jeweler said:
Joke? Thanks a lot, buddy. :grumpy:

Well, I did say "before". I realized you genuinely were taking a photo "after" I clicked on the thread and am truly taken back by much of a natural eye you have for such a noob using flash!

MrRamonG said:
Wrap your flash with electrical tape. Duh

I would recommend masking tape as opposed to electrical tape, unless you're going for the emo/zombie look.

OK, so i took your advice and did a reshoot. I lowered my ISO to 50, and used Electrical Tape as a diffuser. Man what a difference!

Untitled-1-2.jpg

I do think it's a little flat this time. I really liked the high contrast in the first image. Also I think the mood has totally changed now. I did frame it a little different, to follow the rule of thirds. Better?

Most reactions

Back