My first photo

Scud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just bought a nikon D3000 last night, Was on the way home from school and took my first set of pictures. to be honest i just played with the settings and i think this one turned out the best. Please let me know if you have any tips or comments.

4425950824_17afb0b4d0_b.jpg

I would have less on the left and leave out the big blocky building on the right - maybe by zooming in a bit. Don't think those two add much to the photo. I like the red tint on the photo - how did you get that?

I was zoomed in all the way... ( Still using the lense the D3000 came with) and as for the color i just messed with the settings it was 10pm so it was very dark out.

Nice first shot! I would have tried to get more of the city line in the shot and less of the trees on the left though.

Turned out pretty good for just messing around. I like the colors. A little soft, a tripod when you go out on a more serious trek will take care of that.

I think it's a great start. Try to be more careful with your framing. Also, you may look for subjects and shooting locations that will allow a larger portion of the frame itself to be filled with your point of interest. Is this shot at Rocky Pointe?

Mike

Yes this is off the causeway at rocky point, thanks for the feedback hopefuly I'll have a few new photos for cc but I'm having a hard time finding thing to take pix of...

I like the first shot. Perhaps you could crop out the top portion to eliminate some sky and turn it into sort of a paranomic scene.

The dog shot...uh....too dark I think.

Most reactions

Back