Attachments

• $P1100049.jpg
    $P1100049.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 50
  • $P1100051.jpg
    $P1100051.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 50
Welcome Rishi

Your shots could use a little more saturation and contrast...
View attachment 67849$P1100051a.jpg
The same with your first shot, but on that one, it seems you may have also slightly missed the focus. It appears the foliage is in focus rather then the blossom.

@rick58 Thankyou for the advice will find out more about saturation and contrast regarding the focus my concentration was on the red color will try to improve any way a ton of love for your consideration

Hi Rishi,

I think you may have misunderstood. The focus of your red flower is fine. It's the violet colored flower that missed. Regarding your red flower, I think it would also benefit from a tighter crop
$P1100051aa.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Rishi. I hope you will show us more of this beautiful flowers, so exotic to us.
With the focus Rick is right. Photography at such a close distance is a little harder, than wider shots. AF systems are sometimes misbehaving and is sometimes logical to switch to manual focusing to get the things right. Sometimes tripod helps. They say, that tripod with digital camera is worth of 3-4 stops. That will give you much deeper depth of field or faster shutter to reduce effect of movement; yours or the subject's and eventually giving sharper picture.
Good luck to you and learn fast !

Shooting at ISO 100 or 200 rather than 400 might have helped with the saturation.

Focus of #1 doesnt seem right, #2 has the red/green part in focus, but not the pink bit.
Nice bokeh though.

Up close use MF maybe? The AF tends to hunt and make dumb decisions.

Colour is also a little washed out. Did you postprocess?

Nice start. In the second photo the flower gets somewhat lost in the background. Rick's crop above improves the image. Flower photos usually benefit from subject isolation, watch for flowers where the background objets are more distant and open up your aperture to isolate the flower from the rest of the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back