My first photography post

black moon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I am rather new here and I wanted to see what others thought of my photos and I just discoverd photobucket also my computer with all my photography on it crashed and I have to get it fixed so this is by FAR NOT my best work. I took these yesterday. I am not sure why but it seems that there is something wrong with both of them. I dont know why and I can always retake both pictures

DSC01603.jpg

DSC01602.jpg
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o83/moon_star_black/?action=view&current=DSC01602.jpg

Please let me know what you think and anything that may help me get better at this.

thanks

Heya black moon, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Thanks for submitting your first pics to the forum, despite the fact that your computer with most of your better pics crashed.

I edited your post so the photos show right away. Next time you upload from Photobucket make sure you copy the LAST of the three lines and paste it to here, the one that already has the [IMG ][/IMG ] brackets around the URL, ok.

Furthermore it seems like you did not quite read the GUIDELINES to our Photo Critique Forum where is says that you are to submit only one photo (or versions of one and the same) and ask for specific critique.

I will therefore move your two photos over to the General Gallery where you will also get answers to your questions on why these might not feel quite all right to you. OK?

I like #1, I think that it's creative, it's quite dark, was that the idea ? In #2 I don't know what the subject is here. If there is a central theme, then the photo is just too dark for me to pick it out. Keep shooting !

Yes the first one is supposed to be dark I wanted a gloomy feeling. The second one was just the building but where I was at it was hard to get a good shot I had to balance againt a dumpster that is what the line on the left side is. I took it to use for a project showing our town needs some fixing up the building here is actually a lock smith yet it looks really run down.

I did read the guidelines they said that you cannot post two on one thread unless they were the same I thought that it ment the same problem also.

I like the garage. The contrast are good. Need to be cropped

In the first one, the powerline is very distracting. :) If you edit that out, you have a very nice photo!

The second one, agreed, should be cropped, but has a very intact cold, lonely feeling to it. I love it!

Excellent job!

as soon as I can get my other computer running I will try all that but for now I am VERY limited on my ability with this computer.

Also The line on the photo is not a power line there is not line there or I would not have taken it because I too would have found it distracting. I am not really sure what it is but I KNOW it was NOT the camera.

Thanks for the compliments though.

Most reactions

Back