My first photos.. C&C welcome

so, that 75-300 lens is 4-5.6. is that the lens you used for the nighttime scene in downtown boise with the cars. or a different lens? did you use it for the zoomed in shot?

i dont have the same brand.. but i have a quantaray 70-300 4-5.6 i never even looked through it outside. only in the living room. and wow, it sure made things bigger from 10 feet away! lol can't wait to head downtown with it.

I used that lens for the downtown shot and the moon shot. The moon was @ 300mm and the capitol building was @ 75mm. I'm headed downtown tomorrow for sunrise to see if I can get creative. :p

Flash overpowers top three. The bottom one is fine, but not particularly interesting.

Also as someone else mentioned some speckling going on.

i think it's gonna be a while before my photos are interesting. :lol:

pretty sure the speckling is from my scanner bed. it's not on the prints.

the "blur" in the background (bokeh) is caused by a bigger aperture. you list your lens having a 4-5.6f aperture max, which is not very big.

as for the photos, the only appealing one i see is the first one. the flash is really overpowering and unnatural looking in the others.

i really like the vintage look. but it looks like you have some dust on your lens or sensor.

hmm i thought i created that bokeh by adjusting the focus on the lense. i didn't know i was supposed to use something else.. i'll have to do some reading on that. (these cameras are now boxed up and waiting for christmas day to arrive)

the lenses are spotless (to my eye) as is the mirror. i cleaned them all, and blew them out with air... (these are film cameras) granted, i may have missed something.. but.... i shot these.. then had walmart develop them, then scanned them in. i KNOW my scanner bed is filthy right now. laden with fingerprints, dust, a little cat hair, and god knows what else. so i'm guessing thats where that grainyness came from, as i dont see it on the actual 4x6 prints.

but, come christmas morning i will certainly check over all the lenses again.

what i was saying is that with a bigger aperture, you get more blur/bokeh.

you are lacking that big aperture, and therefore can not make as much blur/bokeh.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back