What's new

My first photos - stunning frosty morning - please help!

Orchida

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Lot Valley, France
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here goes with my very first set of pictures on this site. I got up reasonably early (for me and for a Sunday) - not a cloud in the sky and thick frost everywhere. I have a pile of other pics awaiting your criticism but decided to just give some of today's frosty ones.

1. The first one is very poor indeed (don't give up on me!) - but I feel there was loads of potential. The sun was making the melting frost on the vine wires glisten with impossible beauty - but I didn't/couldn't capture it, tried closer up too - what could I have done better?

P1311800sm.jpg


2. This subject I found attractive and unusual but somehow it's not quite right. Too much in the foreground?

P1311778cpsm.jpg


3. I thought I was being clever getting down low to get the iced puddle in the frame, but it seems bland to me, in spite of a very slight increase in colour saturation in photoshop.

P1311787cpsm.jpg


4. Finally this one I really like!!! But if you don't feel the same, please tell me.

P1311794sm.jpg
 
Nice job, I really like #3, but they are all nice. Try and get a macro shot of some of the ice on the branches, that always looks great.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom