What's new

My first photoshoot @Motorcepts. If anyone can give me pointers I would appreciat it!

Gian_01

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 1, 2012
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Location
New York City
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:lmao::lol::D

M3 Interior
$IntM3.webp

M3 Side View
$SV.webp

Old School, New School M3's
$OldskNewsk.webp

@Motorcepts
$Mot.webp
$mot2.webp

F430 Ferrari
$f430.webp

"Someone moved my engine to the trunk?!?!"
$JNT.webp

I didn't get paid for these or anything, actually my battery died on my BMW wagon like a week later and the guys from the shoppe gave me a free one and installed it for free as well so it all worked out for parties.

In this photo I was also trying to capture old school vs. new school it being two M3's side by side both with BBS wheels. I would like a little help with this picture because I feel like its composed right or exposure isn't correct. If someone can please give me some useful insight again I would appreciate it.
$SBSM3.webp
 
Like the first one, but I am struggling to find another one that I like.
the compositions seem a little odd to me. I have a hard time to stop my eyes on something.
#2 needs a little breathing space in front of the car
#3 is too tight of a crop and I would prefer it leveled
# 4-5: Is it the name motorcept you are trying to show? It could be the reflection or the logo of the BMW... ( the angle is not quite right, not sure exactly why)
#6 the focused mirror leads the view to the blurry mirror in the center of the image,
#7 If you did not write what it is, I would not have known. too dark and may be show more of the engine.
#8 Your focus is good, but I see no difference in the characteristics of the cars, what are you trying to show exactly?

I have the impression that you have to change levels to take these pictures and get low to have the right angle,
but that's just me and I am not a professionnal, just learning here!
 
Picutre no.1 attracts the eye.
 
There are some decent pics here. It would be better if you had some less distracting background, but I guess you don't get much choice in a show. Also, in the close-ups of the emblems, try not to cut them off. Even with the cut off logo, I like #1 best.
 
My suggestion would be to spend a little more time setting up the shots, if possible. Straighten out the wheel in #2 would help with the shot, and get a better backdrop so the car stands out, if you cant maybe try opening up your aperture wide enough to completely blur the background.
 
I think with automotive photography, having a thorough understanding of the product branding differentiates the everyday snapshots from photographs that tell a compelling story about the product. This is true of all product photography, of course, but automakers are generally extremely particular about how their brand is presented in photographs. What misses the mark on all of these photos is that they don't reflect a sense of craftsmanship. Other than the photographer finding spots to squat around the car and take snapshots, there has been no real thought put into background, texture, contrast, environment, reflections, etc... and the end result is that the photos don't mean anything or invoke any emotion about the product. I know this commentary isn't a pointer, per se, as you have asked for, but if could offer a general suggestion, it would be take your time and consider composition and detail very carefully before depressing the shutter button.
 
I wanted to thank everyone for their insight on these photos.
and the end result is that the photos don't mean anything or invoke any emotion about the product.
I was trying to tell of the story of the M3 evolving and glits and glam of Motorcepts. I do appreciate everyone's opinions:thumbup::thumbup:, keep it coming
 
#8 Your focus is good, but I see no difference in the characteristics of the cars, what are you trying to show exactly?

I was trying to show the two cars side by side in an old vs. new. I actually was looking for help in the composition of this photo didn't really know where to go with it. I figured the first would be just trying something.
 
I would prefer some shots of the entire car.
 
With me shooting cars exclusively for a living here are some pointers I can give you. Shots look very good, especially the first one. Shot #2 I would have straightened the wheel but I am not sure if you had control over that. If this was a full out photo shoot you would need to take the cars to a good location. You can't always get the best spots but even just in front of a line of trees would look great. Overall good shots though. Just my 2 cents
 
Kinda wish I could see the whole car.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom