go ahead and critique away!!

1.The stare down
fff77046.jpg

2.Green Heron
DSC_0197.jpg

3.Bark
DSC_0177.jpg

thanks for looking!

Well, as Raymond is say, this "Stare-down" is a bit unbalanced with the duck very far down at the bottom of the pic and a lot of un-needed space around it, but the expression that you captured is great.

And you say you are a "rookie" and come up with bird close-ups like the one in your Photo 2!?!?!?? :grumpy: Everyone around here who knows me just a little knows how much I want to get my bird pics better, and all the bird always fly away from me ... and here's a newbie with a pic such as this. ENVY!!!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

#2 is my favorite - beautiful color, very sharp.
#3 is interesting also. I wish his face wasn't in the shadow.

I'm just too amazed at the technical quality of these photographs to have any comments about compositional issues (or the lack of comp issues).

Razor Sharp and beautiful. If you were to tell me that you have applied some magical photoshop formula in editing these images I would be relieved. Then I could assume that it would be possible for me to capture great technical images such as these using the equipment I currently am using.

So here comes the enevitable question...... would you care to share your post-processing technique?

Thanks for sharing

midnitejam said:
I'm just too amazed at the technical quality of these photographs to have any comments about compositional issues (or the lack of comp issues).

Razor Sharp and beautiful. If you were to tell me that you have applied some magical photoshop formula in editing these images I would be relieved. Then I could assume that it would be possible for me to capture great technical images such as these using the equipment I currently am using.

So here comes the enevitable question...... would you care to share your post-processing technique?

Thanks for sharing

Well first of all, thanks everybody for such great/usefull comment. I can't believe how warm my reception has been on this forum, this will be only my 3rd post. But as for post-processing technique, i really dont know what that means. I just took the pic, uploaded it on photobucket.com and then up here. That's it if that's what you mean.

I have one question.....What's DOF?
thanks again.
kiet

DOF stands for depth of field.
It seems to be a TPF-term. Many people come here and see the word DOF floating about the place and wonder by themselves "WHAT???" Same applies to POV. Stands for point of view ;). I did not know these two at first, either, and also had to ask ;) :lol:

She did :greenpbl:

And she typed more words :lol: :greenpbl:

kiet, #2 is superb! very sharp... #1 doesn't do much for me other than his expression! priceless... and it's unfortunate the lizard's face is in the shadows... can't wait for more!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back