My first Portrait, C&C

Ryvax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally went ahead and did my first portrait with an actual lighting set up the other day. Was a great learning experience, learnt a lot about what can go wrong, lol. Thank god I had my patient girlfriend as the model, I kept forgetting stuff and running back and forth to set up, lol. Next time I'll be better prepared. Practice, practice, practice

3921489746_cb0999244a.jpg

3920703371_803d4f3408.jpg

3921485078_9068c603f9.jpg

In my humble (and noob) opinion, the first one needs more light from the right. The second one... Her expression leaves a little to be desired. I don't think I would have had her face touching the dog. 3rd one doesn't really have her face in it, which to me kills it. You also need a squeeky toy to get the dog to look at the camera.

Yea, I had a strobe to the right, but I should turned it up a notch for the dog. Good idea about the squeaky toy to get her to look, the dog that is. Thanks for your feedback. Anyone else?

I especially love the third one. Great expression on the dog!

Yea, that expression translates to "I really want to eat that camera". Last week she ate an external hard drive, couldn't believe it.

Wish my first portraits came out this good!

Wish my first portraits came out this good!

Thanks. These are my first portraits using lighting equipment. I've been studying the Strobist for a few months now. Just starting to try the stuff out. I love it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back