My first post and a couple of pics

stinkybritches

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I joined up a few months ago but I have just been spectating until now. I bought a Nikon D60 with 18-55 and 55-200 VR lenses and added a 50mm 1.8 shortly thereafter. I've always had an interest in photography but really didn't do anything about it until recently. I was informed a few weeks ago that I would be losing my job sometime in January so I may end up with plenty of time to practice. Here are three of the best pictures I have taken. They are not great by any means, but are head and shoulders above what I was doing a couple of months ago. Not really looking for c&c as I know what is wrong, for the most part. Just thought I would share.

Rob

night023C637x356.jpg

night024724x486.jpg

week4004R800x421.jpg

I love your second shot. The color is perfect. Well done.

The exposure and composition on 1 is really great. I also like the conversion on #2. For #3, I would have adjusted to a longer SS, so that the car will not be to OOF.

I love your second shot. The color is perfect. Well done.

Thank you.

The exposure and composition on 1 is really great. I also like the conversion on #2. For #3, I would have adjusted to a longer SS, so that the car will not be to OOF.

I shot #3 at 1/30 sec on purpose, it was for a class I took and the assignment was to take panning shots at 1/30 sec. I would have liked to have done better but that was the first shot and turned out to be the best shot. The others were really crappy.

The reflection on number 1 is great, but I would've probably gotten more sky and less water. Number two is really quite good! On number 3, I would've used a faster shutter speed, or, depending on your lighting and position, a flash in order to get the car in sharper focus, if ever you decide to take some like this again (minus the 1/30 of a second part).

Last edited:
i love the first one, the sky looks a tad too dark in my opinion, it just draws your attention to it. The third one is just out of focus

Most reactions

Back