my first PS attempt!

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have had PS CS for a while now, but I have been too brain dead to attempt to learn how to use it.. I retouched this one a bit, and it looks ok I think.

websize0022DSC_7957b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• $websize0022DSC_7957b.JPG
    $websize0022DSC_7957b.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 73
Hey Raymond I think it looks great. The key to any processing is not to look like you added a process, unless of course you are going for a unique effect. I think it is more a correction tool for me. Just my 2cents.

I totally agree Canoncan, My biggest problem right now is all the dust and dirt on my sensor.. been searching the forum for advice on cleaning it.. The Nikon dealer in Hamilton recommends spending 80 bucks to have it done!! ouch!! I need the dang thing cleaned everyday!

Sorry for venting here, wrong section I am sure!

Raymond, could you post a link to the original so we can compare the two? What we see is au natural all right, but its hard to appreciate your efforts without knowing what was done.

OMG Zeitgeist you are killing me!! I guess I just need to be strong here, so here goes..

vert00025DSC_7957.jpg

what a mess! you can imagine how I felt after the shoot.. about 100 shots of dirt and dust. So glad i am learning PS to clean this up, awesome program!

Thank you for your interest Zeitgeist!

All I ever do is take the cameras into work and use a slight bit of air to blow the dust off. It has gotten me through 12 months without a clean. Mind you since I bought a second D-70 a few months ago I have only changed a lens once or twice.

Eric

your first attempt was excellent! i love the result!

wow, you have a dusty sensor. i have a d70 and routinely flip the mirror and blow or use a hand bulb type blower. i was told never to use compressed air, but it may work well for others.

Excellent job! If you can find a bulb syringe (used for newborn babies) that cleans the sensor quite well.

Thanks all! hehehe.. i saw a spot on your pic JonMikal.. of the lad under the hand.. they are such a pain to clear off, but with the PS it's so easy!! I got carried away, and bleeped all the seagulls off!! hehehe

Raymond, please I am not tryiing to be mean. I think you did a perfectly fine job of cleaning that up. Its just as I said, one can't appreciate you hard work without the comparison.

Good job.

But look at what you ended up with . . . . . That's the important part.

Most reactions

Back