My first Selfie..!

Raincheck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Idea isn’t mine saw a similar image created by Modifeye, thought that’s a nice little project.

$Mask-IMG_2510_Total-clean-up.jpg

My biggest problem was “the shot it self” wanted to be able to see myself!
Camera on a tripod tethered to Lightroom but couldn’t really see what I was doing.

Okay plan B
Hooked up my Camranger and iPad switch on live view & mounted the iPad onto a light stand so I could position it.
Used the Time-lapse function on the Camranger app, set the start to 30 seconds, 10 shots with an interval of 5 sec.
With live view on it was easier to see what I was doing. (Of course I could have used a remote trigger ;)

How would you rate this shot?

Grtx Rain...

Ps.
This shot would work better without glasses (but then I am blind as a bat)

Last edited:
Very impressive.

Awesome! However I do like the glasses. They added some interest to me.

Thanks for the comments,

Had to remove one arm of the glasses (still some traces left) as it would look weird.

Rain....

Will post a setup sketch if any one is interested

The hand holding the mask looks humongous compared to the hand holding the string, maybe 4X larger. It also looks almost as large as the chest. I like the idea here, but that jumbo hand is really throwing me off.

Hi Jenko,

Thanks for your comment, used was the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM (to get as close as possible) that caused 80% of the distortion and I resized the head slightly to get a better effect.

Grtx Rain

Hi Jenko,

Thanks for your comment, used was the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM (to get as close as possible) that caused 80% of the distortion and I resized the head slightly to get a better effect.

Grtx Rain

I had noticed that as well. Really impressive though, great work and neat effect.

Here my set-up,

Again view wide angle as with photo :)

$setupSelfie.jpg

Rain...

Hi Derrel,

I use Autodesk 3dsMax & Photoshop, was planning to create all my gear in 3D and illustrate each set-up.

$3dsmax2013.jpg

Rain.....

Oh, okay, thanks. Your set-up renderings are some of the better ones I've ever seen...one of the single biggest issues with "most people's" set-up diagrams is that they are well, just really bad!!! Yours most definitely do not suck!

Most reactions

Back