My first set of photos...C&C!

robbie_vlad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got my first camera, a Canon Rebel XTi, about a week and a half ago, these are some shots I got while in the ObX (my personal favorites) over vacation. I'm a complete newbie, and I havnt had time to download photoshop yet and I JUST got a tripod today, so please give me some constructive criticism. Enjoy.

Picture103-1.jpg

Metaldune1.jpg

coffeehouse.jpg

l_64b970fe963949c985b7320ff708ef75.jpg

l_d29ba3ea59264a8f8cd2163ee8167bf2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice colors, decent composition but might put the horizon either lower or higher.

Straighten your horizon.

(ETA: this refers to image #1 because that's the only image that displayed when I first viewed the topic)

Last edited:
I have some more, but I have to resize and turn them so I'll have a couple more up later.

The first one's not bad, but Id like to see more of that promontory. I feel like it needs something else to make it original/interesting.

The first one's not bad, but Id like to see more of that promontory. I feel like it needs something else to make it original/interesting.

Yea, right in front of the start of the walkway was kinda ugly to me, I do have one with the gate in front, I'll load that one in a bit.

A suggestion, btw... If you're looking for feedback, it's easier for us if you number them and put a couple line spaces in between the images.

Im still a noob myself, but that first pic is awesome in my opinion:thumbup:

I don't know about you guys but I think #1 needs a tighter crop. I might be wrong though. Great picture either way.

In picture 1, did you add the vignette yourself?

None of these pictures have been altered at all except for a little croping. I thought about croping #1 more but wast sure, thanks for the advice. :thumbup:

edit: Here's a similar picture to #1 that I took from a different angle, shows a bit more of the dock and is cropped a bit tighter and the horizon is higher in the picture. LMK which you prefer.

l_4d22c7b1c99e47b38d753a27b05cea22.jpg

Last edited:
Much better after the crop, I really like it. My fav of the whole set. all of them are good though. I am still learning the "rules" and how to break them, so the rule of thirds looks good here for the horizon after the crop.

Keep the pics coming, I need to see the beach while its snowin here!

Quite a bit of barrel distortion in that lens - the earth really is round??!!!

Seriously - you can correct in PP - I'd watch that lens and maybe try different focal lengths with straight horizons or architecture etc..

And I thought I might add: the lens is adding your vignette, too. A nice effect in this photo, but maybe not so in future ones - just a little something to keep in mind.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back