My first shot i like, please c&c

MJFinelli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new to photography, been shooting since january.
Please C&C

$DSC02212.jpg

Technically this is a fine shot. Exposure looks fine and the aperature gives nice bokeh.

Artistically, you'll want to avoid just having the subject in the center with dull space all around.

Last edited:
Per request:

Colors are dull & flat. White balance seems way off (petals should be yellow???) Subject is perfectly centered. Too much background... could stand to be cropped (& rotated).

Given the shallow DOF of shooting that close, you did a great job of focusing!

Technically this is a fine shot. Exposure looks fine and the aperature gives nice bokeh.

Artistically, you'll want to avoid just having the subject in the center with dull space all around. I croppd to this:
After cropping I adjusted the contrast a smidge.
And his sidebar states that his photos are NOT OK to edit. Might want to keep that in mind in the future.

And his sidebar states that his photos are NOT OK to edit. Might want to keep that in mind in the future.

Oops...good call. I edited my post which had an edited image:guilty:

$DSC02212.jpgis the crop better? I know that your suppose to not center the subject but i thought the green looked interesting.

I think I'd crop it the other way so the butterfly is to the right of the image looking inwards.
Usually that works better. :)

Most reactions

Back