My first showing!!!!

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
I was approached by a local art museum, who, after seeing one of my storm shots in the paper, asked if I would like to be part of an upcoming exhibit titled, "A closer look". It would be a closer look at 8 area artists who would each get a wall in one of two rooms. (8 walls, 8 artists) So I stopped in to talk to the director today, and after seeing the many different things I photograph, he showed me a room he said they dont open much, but wanted me to have the whole room for my showing!!! OMG. I am so excited. It goes for 6 weeks. Im not sure how many people actually go to this place to look at stuff, but I am still very excited about it.

The only downfall is the money I am going to have to invest in enlargements, and frames.

When everything is up, I will take a couple pictures of the display and post them.

Doug Raflik
http://www.dougraflikphotography.com

Museum!!!!!!!! Good for you!

I generally spend a lot of money to have my work framed. I do not mind dropping the money. The only problem is that people like looking at my personal photos as opposed to buying them.

Congrats! let us know how it goes, and post where so those of us close by can stop and see.

That sounds very exciting :thumbup: .. congratulations and best of luck

Awesome! Congrats Doug! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back