My first sunset pictures

tnvol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was wondering if you all could tell me what you think of these. Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks..

0906131119581asunset1.jpg

0906180017261afghan-su.jpg

The first one is not terribly inspiring.. there is too much clutter in the lower frame so that rather than a nice cloud exercise, it becomes a neighborhood snapshot..

The second one has good elements of composition and color..:D

the first one looks is too yellow. Sunsets arent all to great when they dont have intense colours. Also...the black cloud is doing nothing for the shot...lower the camera angle and include more of the foreground.

#2 is much better. I love it!

Try adding a bit of contrast to the photos and lowering the exposure. I find underexposing (according to the camera meter) a stop or too makes sunset really POP.

New to photography myself - but have always been a fan of good photography and supported local photography - so I have an amateur perspective, but great appreciation.

As Larry said, I like the composition in the second picture a lot. The way that the mountains guide the eye (right to left) perfectly - and the sunset beautifly silhouettes the mountains. Nice work.

-Best

Thank you very much. I have some things to work on! I will post some more. That scene is right out my back door but I'm very limited in where I can shoot and how close I can get with no buildings or anything in the shots. Thanks so much for the input!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back