My First Test of my new camera.

schoolarea2003

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought this digital camera last month. I am still learning how to use it to take more beautiful pictures. :lol:
Here are some sample pictures I took.
DSCF4060.JPG

DSCF4063.JPG

DSCF4061.JPG

DSCF4075.JPG

DSCF4076.JPG

DSCF4079.JPG

Tell me what you think.
Thanks

Last edited:
All seem overexposed. But not bad for a noob.

The last shot is the best IMO. The rocks frame in the water and give the photo nice composition. While it is overexposed, a little post processing should take care of that and make it into a great picture. Nice job.

Thank you for the comment. I will try to edit them and post them again. I hope it will make a difference.
Any site is helpful to me as a beginner to read and improve my skills?
Thanks

very good pics for a beginner... keep up the good work and welcome..

nice attempt. Are you using a tripod? What apature setting are you using? Try stoping down so you are using a small apature and a longer shutter speed with a tripod, you will get more detail and clarity in your shots...

I can see you tried to blur the water but overexposed by accident. If you were at the smallest aperture possible you will need a nd filter. There are alot of blow outs. Good concept though

My favorite was the fourth overexposed image, with its upper-edge inclusion of another camera enthusiast; this guy, mid-stream, with his black-legged tripod in the creek for that you-are-there realism.

original.jpg

My favorite was the fourth overexposed image, with its upper-edge inclusion of another camera enthusiast; this guy, mid-stream, with his black-legged tripod in the creek for that you-are-there realism.

original.jpg

Haha...He was the one there and showing me how to use my camera. xD I suppose to corp him out but I was too lazy. lol

I can see you tried to blur the water but overexposed by accident. If you were at the smallest aperture possible you will need a nd filter. There are alot of blow outs. Good concept though
What's the nd filter for? Just wondering... o_O I google it and pictures using the filter seem to be a little darker and more nature.

What's the nd filter for? Just wondering... o_O I google it and pictures using the filter seem to be a little darker and more nature.

Here Neutral density filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It helps cut down the light so that you can still increase the exposure time without overexposed the photo.

Most reactions

Back