What's new

My first time ever shooting sports, how'd I do?

gsgary is abrupt at times, but you did ask for constructive criticism. He even had the guts to post an example from his own archives to illustrate his point. Take the good with the bad. Even if you don't agree, you have to admit that you will keep TIMING in mind next time you go out, right?

There are a lot of shots posted here for criticism that are technically not good, but they serve their purpose, make girlfriends happy, etc.

I, for one, am glad to see some shots here that aren't posed from time to time. Candids and capture the moment shots sometimes my favorites, despite technical shortcomings.
I didn't intrepret him as being hypercritical or anything. It is Gary after all!

I just wanted to make sure that everyone understood the difference in American Baseball between a pitcher and a 3rd baseman.
 
gsgary is abrupt at times, but you did ask for constructive criticism. He even had the guts to post an example from his own archives to illustrate his point. Take the good with the bad. Even if you don't agree, you have to admit that you will keep TIMING in mind next time you go out, right?

There are a lot of shots posted here for criticism that are technically not good, but they serve their purpose, make girlfriends happy, etc.

I, for one, am glad to see some shots here that aren't posed from time to time. Candids and capture the moment shots sometimes my favorites, despite technical shortcomings.
I didn't intrepret him as being hypercritical or anything. It is Gary after all!

I just wanted to make sure that everyone understood the difference in American Baseball between a pitcher and a 3rd baseman.

I have read that baseball is based on cricket
 
Go Reds. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:



p!nK
 
would you mind me asking, what lens did you use and what were your settings? I think they are pretty good and so crisp

80-200 f/2.8

and the lens was wide open or close to it on all those shots. I also noticed how slow the d90 is on continous shooting. The guy next to me with a d3x was sssssooooo fast.

Those pros were actually able to follow the action and focus on the fly. I could not so i just picked someone to shoot and waited or them to do something.
That's strange the D3x only shoots 5fps and the d90 is like 4.5fps. Maybe you meant D3s. I'd take either one though:lol:

Not too bad of shots especially for the first time shooting sports. Good job.
TJ
 
Maybe it was the s. It sounded like bubble wrap.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom