My first trip out west

CmazzJK

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took two weeks and drove out to Jackson hole stopping a couple places on the way there and home. It was by far the best trip of my life (and I have been to Hawaii twice...) Seriously though it was everything I thought it would be and I had the chance to spend several mornings and nights out with my camera so that obviously made it all the better. Here are some of my favorites, I tried to do each place justice.

1. Castle in the Sand- Badlands National Park
$Castle in the Sand TPF.jpg

2. The Grand- Grand Teton National Park
$The Grand TPF.jpg

3. The Other Side of the Fence- Rocky Mountain National Park
$The Other Side of the Fence TPF.jpg

If you're interested, there are many more images on my smugmug, thanks for looking

Castle in the Sand - that's beautiful. Very nicely done. The fence is another nice picture. The fence looks lit or hit with reflected light - other than natural. Is that the case? Can you tell us what you used and how it was exposed and processed? There's no EXIF or IPTC info.

Jim

Lightroom adjustment if I had to guess.

Very nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Castle in the Sand - that's beautiful. Very nicely done. The fence is another nice picture. The fence looks lit or hit with reflected light - other than natural. Is that the case? Can you tell us what you used and how it was exposed and processed? There's no EXIF or IPTC info.

Jim

Thanks for the kind words Jim, all of these images are three exposures combined with photomatix, and then slightly adjusted in light room. I just bit the bullet and signed up for the 10/month PhotoShop deal from Adobe, and am in the beginning stages of figuring it out...

I like the fence shot, a lot. My only nit with it is somewhere in processing the foreground mountains got to looking cartoonish; compared to the rest of the image

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4. probably at work.

The western USA is a gorgeous place. Never ending scenery, new around every corner. I took a motorcycle trip from Nashville to Phoenix by way of Colorado and Utah a few years ago and it was absolutely magnificent.

I like the fence shot, a lot. My only nit with it is somewhere in processing the foreground mountains got to looking cartoonish; compared to the rest of the image

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4. probably at work.

I initially felt the same way and had adjusted the tint to tame the purple but I couldn't do it without ruining the foreground and taking away from the original scene. "America the beautiful" had to have been written about the Colorado Rockies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back