My First Water Drop - Opinions Wanted

Would this be achievable with a popup flash (all I have at the moment)? Or are you dialing down your flash intensity with the shoe mounts?

Im sure its attainable with the popup flash. That's how Ive done my waterdrop shots

Yep, was playing around with it last night and got some pretty cool ones. Nothing like the above, but still nice for my first experiement.

I love water drop pictures. I tried to make my own yesterday with the d200 but it didn't work out so well.

i tried it also last night....it worked out great...i just need to get some nice backdrop so i don't see the faucet in the picture :D the camera was set at 1/160 f 7.1 ISO 100 with the pop up flash and all available lights in the house ON :D

Last edited:
Wow, that last one was really incredible. Honestly, it is. You just managed to capture it at the right moment, and the patterns in the water really make it stand out. If I could suggest one thing, it would be that I would prefer the backdrop to be completely out of focus, but I suspect that would require a 2.8 macro lens.

But incredible job, I really should try water droplets sometime.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back