My First Waterfall Feedback Please

rambler-scotland

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ramblerscotland.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
THIS IS HOW I NORMAL TAKE PHOTOS OF WATERFALL , But from what i have read on the net this is not how people like them.
IMG_8176_zpsaxn9nn41.jpg

IMG_8186_zpsknbw6mgq.jpg

More like this is, First time ever i have manged to do something like this without using photoshop or any other photo software. I know its not 100% So i am looking here to get your input on how to make it better.

IMO it's a matter of choice, and the water in question. I actually like the first one better on this waterfall because the texture/patterns created by the water are a part of the composition. The easiest way to achieve the silky smooth look is to use a ND filter.

Thank you Smoke665 for your feedback
like how would i know what speed to make the shutter when taking it.

If you want the water silky smooth, you'd slow down your shutter till you had the amount blur you were looking for. If you'r shooting the water to get the detail like in the first, you want it as fast as possible to stop the action.

..But from what i have read on the net this is not how people like them.
Fads come and fads go. Current fads will be outdated soon and replaced with a new fad. If you need to follow the crowd and always copy the latest fads, then the internet is a good place to start.

Otherwise, do your own thing.

Most reactions

Back