YB_5043ed.jpg

YB_5063ed.jpg

YB_5110ed.jpg
YB_5112ed.jpg
YB_5154ed.jpg
YB_5165.jpg
YB_4301ed.jpg
YB_4305ed.jpg

nice photo... professional camera is the best one to take a good photo...

Way too many posted to critique anything in particular. If you want more detailed critique, post 3-4 of them up.

Generally, your exposures are off in some of the shots. The dress is totally blown out. Image 2,4,5,6 and others. You have the exposure fine in some, you are just lacking consistency.

The framing and composition is not bad if this was your first time. Better than many of the ones I see posted (and better than my first wedding). There is a bit of cutting off of heads, hands, important pieces of garment... but nothing drastic other than one of the last ones where they are on the right of the frame and he is way too cut (for my taste) When looking through the viewfinder, it is important to get the focus on the subject, but it is just as important to be aware of the extremeties of the frame and also the background. Everything in the image contributes to the picture, so you need to worry about it all.

Not bad at all. You were the 2nd photographer werent you?

I'm w/ Twinky!
The bright side is that it can't (rather shouldn't) get any worse :)

I'm w/ Twinky!
The bright side is that it can't (rather shouldn't) get any worse :)

Watch what you say! It can get ALOT worse. I've seen some wedding photo threads in the last few days with serious exposure issues and more importantly, focus issues. Where the composition was off, odd things were in the frame.... no, these are actually pretty decent for a 1st time wedding shooter :)

P, thats what I mean, should the OP take your advice seriously and looks for ways to improve, he will improve :)

Really very good for a first shoot (better than mine darn it) and except for a few frames that are over-exposed or awkward (#8) I like them. Can you elaborate on your lighting?

I agree that (i) too many photos to critique, (ii) a lot of them are OOF and a bit overexposed. Let me add that the WB in some of the shots is not to my taste--a bit too "bluish" for proper skin tones. I also don't like the shot of the back of the bride's head. If you want a veil shot, I'd do it as a stand alone perhaps, but not looking at the back of the bride's head. Just my $0.02.

Very good critique here, and yes these are really decent for a "first timer"

I agree that (i) too many photos to critique, (ii) a lot of them are OOF and a bit overexposed.

I dont see the "a lot of them are OOF" . Heck, I don't see any with obvious focus issues. I'm not enlarging them and I'm just scanning, but the focus seems ok

Yeah, I may have jumped the gun slightly on the OOF issue, but I stand by my comments on the WB issue. I think they are okay for a first shoot. Not brilliant but not bad.

Way too many posted to critique anything in particular. If you want more detailed critique, post 3-4 of them up.

Generally, your exposures are off in some of the shots. The dress is totally blown out. Image 2,4,5,6 and others. You have the exposure fine in some, you are just lacking consistency.

The framing and composition is not bad if this was your first time. Better than many of the ones I see posted (and better than my first wedding). There is a bit of cutting off of heads, hands, important pieces of garment... but nothing drastic other than one of the last ones where they are on the right of the frame and he is way too cut (for my taste) When looking through the viewfinder, it is important to get the focus on the subject, but it is just as important to be aware of the extremeties of the frame and also the background. Everything in the image contributes to the picture, so you need to worry about it all.

Well said, and i agree. I am a fan of slightly overexposed highlights, but in some, they are far too blown out.

Sewing-1.jpg

A quick edit

Most reactions

New Topics

Back