My first wedding

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok... my turn to post my very first wedding. This is a very small wedding. They only have close families. No bridesmaids and no groomsmen. I am putting my flame suit on ready for your harsh CCs. :lmao: Flame away!

_MG_7930.jpg

_MG_7972.jpg

_MG_8013.jpg

_MG_8017.jpg

_MG_8023.jpg

_MG_8041.jpg

_MG_8059.jpg

_MG_8086.jpg

_MG_8088.jpg

_MG_8090.jpg

_MG_8103.jpg

_MG_8106.jpg

_MG_8129.jpg

_MG_8137.jpg

_MG_8271.jpg

_MG_8314.jpg

_MG_8354.jpg

_MG_8357.jpg

_MG_8361.jpg

_MG_8363.jpg

_MG_8367.jpg

_MG_8370.jpg

_MG_8374.jpg

_MG_8377.jpg

_MG_8398.jpg

_MG_8406.jpg

_MG_8423.jpg

_MG_8476.jpg

_MG_8582.jpg

_MG_8684.jpg

Last edited:
I really like them all and hope I do so well in my first wedding.
The one thing I might change is the one where she is doing her shoe, I really like it, but either crop it tighter or clone some hair in her part. It is very distracting, and my eye went right to her part in her hair and I had to search for what she was doing in the photo, but when I figured it out, I loved it.
:)

Perhaps numbering your 30 shots and putting space between them would be helpful.

Overall, your exposures look great, but your composition skills are lacking. Pay attention to your backgrounds and stuff growing out of heads.

Good job. How was it? How does it feel when you're actually there vs looking at other's work online?

Well, the hardest part of the weeding is definitely the space. It is hard to get a good angle on the wedding party due to:
1. Bride's hair
2. Groom's hair
3. Creek on the right side and behind the ceremony
4. tall retaining wall on the left
5. Only have one body and lack of wider angle lens
6. We only had 30 minutes before the sun set :( after the ceremony

Basically there were only 11 TOTAL including the brides and groom LOL. The wedding was supposed to start at 4. The bride didnt show up until 4:30 in blue jeans and t-shirt. She basically planned this whole thing. Poor girl had to drive all over the place.

Good exposures, I'm assuming you used your 550 for at least some of this... Right?

I think your WB may have needed a slight adjustment when shooting indoors, the cake seems very yellow, along with the menu. Also, the menu has Deer Tips on it? Does anyone in the food service industry know what the restrictions are for eating non USDA approved meat at a function?

I agree with BJ, some different compositions would have been prime... But for a first wedding, you got fairly evenly lit shots and documented the wedding well.

I really like them all and hope I do so well in my first wedding.
The one thing I might change is the one where she is doing her shoe, I really like it, but either crop it tighter or clone some hair in her part. It is very distracting, and my eye went right to her part in her hair and I had to search for what she was doing in the photo, but when I figured it out, I loved it.
:)
Yeah.. I wish she put her hair up. I wish she got her hair done.

Good job. How was it? How does it feel when you're actually there vs looking at other's work online?
Well.. it wasnt too bad. Everyone was nice. I definitely was not nervous. Definitely shooting a few family pics and models really helped me.

Yup. The composition is what I find the hardest. Feels like everything is shutting down and you're running out of ideas. At least for me. Alas, we're new at this so we'll eventually get there soon enough :)

P.S Get on FB man. U probably have day off so won't see you on AIM?

Which treatment do you like better?
_MG_8041.jpg

_MG_8041-2.jpg

There are some nice ideas in your shots and you did well for the time and location constraints. She is a beautiful woman, with lovely eyes and a pleasant features. It's too bad that hair was not a priority for her. This is going to seem like a long list, but you have a lot of pics:
4 - I like this shot. It shows off her eyes and conveys that "getting ready" feel. This one. like many of the shots, seems soft on focus.
9 - Great looking back shot. I wish the mom was cropped out as she is incidental in the shot anyway.
15 - not working for me. Especially with the head tilt of the bride, it looks like a snap shot.
18 - I like the genuine intimacy of this shot. Detail - he looks like he pulled the lamp post.
19 & 20 - I like the potential of this shot. I would rotate to camera right just a nit to pick up the lights rather than the empty space to camera left.
23-25 - have all the same potential as 19&20, I just don't like the cropping of limbs.

Overall, nice set that the couple should be happy with.

Mohamein wanted to see my indoor shots. Well as you can see I have a space constraints. Wall left, wall right, wall in the back LOL. I did my best :(. There are a bunch more but same 11 people because 11 people are all the people they have :). No wonder they trusted me to do their wedding without any wedding experience before. :lmao: I made a lot of the shot black and white due to the hideous window treatment.

_MG_8538.jpg

_MG_8629.jpg

_MG_8632.jpg

Dude there's a guy outside the window in #1 and #2 taking photos of the wedding too! :lmao:

OMG #33
hahahaha
he is like man, is it over yet? haha

I think you did great, again.
I am getting super nervous for my first wedding.
I'm doing a bridal shoot at the church tomorrow for practice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back