My first wedding

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, My little business 'White Wish Photography' is off to a great start. Although i told myself i would focus on portraits only for the first 12months, I shot my hubbys cousins wedding 2 weeks ago.... their photographer decided to pull out 3 weeks before!! leaving them stuck. I was happy to do it for them and most excited plus nervous as! I was really happy with the results. Here are a few for your comments and constructive critique.

#1...Pre-ceremony shots..
0014.jpg

#2...
0016.jpg

#3...
0035.jpg

#4...
0036.jpg

#5...
0071x.jpg

#6... one from the ceremony
0099.jpg

#7...Location #1.. the gardens
0150.jpg

#8...
0153.jpg

#9... Location 2 .. the beach @ hervey bay, QLD
0176.jpg

#10...
0187.jpg

#11...Location #2.. at the farmhouse which is full of groom's family history...
0194.jpg

#12...
0198.jpg

#13...
0213.jpg

#14... This one is obviously photoshopped... i had it printed as an 8x10" & it looks really good imo... but WAY toooooooooo grainy resized for the net... sorry!
0218.jpg

Thanks for looking... feel free to share what you like or don't like x

You did a great job for your first wedding... Not crazy about the focus in number 5... Love 11 , 12 and 13... Good luck on doing this again!! I look forward to hearing all about it and seeing those pictures of course...

#10 is my fav although would have like to have seen full body of the young boy leading the way.

11, 12 and 13 I also like, as well as #4.

some of the obvious things ... highlights blown in a few of them and agree that #5 is a bit iffy on focus, and looks like softness enhanced in photoshop.

with that said, Great job for first time out. those nerves are a killer huh? lol

these are great photoes.
i'm sure that there are more than 14 pictures in their album :)
btw, how many pictures did you take and how many of them actually got to the newlyweds?

with the exception of #5 i think these are all really great shots....you definately have a certain style

Yes, these are very great shots. I like how you took more then just the average "just bride and groom" photos.

You did a wonderful job! I know if I was shooting my first wedding, my heart woudl be pumping so hard I wouldn't even be able to hear myself think. #9 and #12 are my favourites.

Numbers #2, 8, 9 and 12 would be my fav.

#2 looks like a shot out of a catalogue.

Well done.

I'm sure the couple will be really pleased with them. I would say that nos 4 and 8 are my favourites, with really good use of natural light.

Well done!

Jamie

Thanks everyone... yep the nerves were happening that day... couldnt even eat my favourite bacon&eggs brekkie!! Plus the little bride was not ready in time!! All in all it was lots of fun... athough i think i enjoyed it more looking back once i had finished the job Shooting my friend's in NZ in January plus doing the make-up! which should be heaps of fun... cant wait.
Just thought i would add, i tried the diffuse glow with some grain in #5 which is what made it look soft. I had both this and the original printed and in a 5x7 it looks really angelic?? But maybe it doesnt work... it was sharp though!! xx

Sk8man... I took about 500 and gave them 200 @5x7" printed plus a 16x20"enlargement..... dont like posting too many at a time.. have never posted 14 before!! Its a lot to get people to look at! x

Thanks everyone for your comments! xx

Most reactions

New Topics

Back