My first Weekend With The Camera

H0LLYW00D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toocoolmotorcycleschool.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments and suggestions are greatly welcomed so that i can imporove both my compositon and editing of the pictures i take.

1:
7.jpg

2:
8.jpg

3:
9.jpg

the second one is crooked. You can fix that in lightroom or photoshop. Also, you should have either left the sun out of the picture, or exposed differently...the sun is washing things out and making the other side of the picture dark.

My comments will be for composition - I'm still learning too much about editing. Although I can say it'll be easier for others to help out if they know what editing you have done so far.

--
I'd have liked to see more of the ground/mountains in the first - not just a little slither.

For the 2nd, as has been said it looks a little crooked, but that could be how the land lays also..it's hard to tell. Something else to watch out for is to try not to put the horizon dead-center in the frame. Move it up or down, depending on the type of shot you're going for, and it will make it a bit more interesting.

Now after having looked at the first two more closely, I've noticed they're basically the same shot framed differently. Put the horizon about halfway in between the two shots, and (in my opinion) it'll be spot-on.

For the last photo, no offense, but it looks like you were standing there and just snapped a shot. To make it more interesting, try getting lower to the ground and maybe frame it vertically to get more of the creek (I guess?) rather than such a small portion of it. Also, maybe try to frame it so that it sort of runs into the photo rather than right through it, again just so that it's not dead-center.

All that being said, I like the first two shots a lot - it looks like a nice, quiet place. :)

Have to agree with what's been said already.

In #2, with my eyes, I see that the sun in the sky and it's reflection on the water surface are not aligned making it crooked. I can't tell if you used a polarizing filter, but I'm guessing not. That would make the clouds more definable as well as to reduce the sun's glare. I'm guessing if you had waited around until the sun was below the horizon and reflecting off the clouds (and straightening), this could be a very nice landscape.

#3, the light seems harsh and again a CPL filter or a ND filter might help. But the framing should be addressed first.

Most reactions

Back