My First Yashica TLR!

Glen,

I have to admire your attitude about the entire thing and did find the entire story quite interesting. I know I sure would be tempted to contact the collector in UK and 'talk turkey' but bravo to you for wanting to keep and use it... That's what they were made for!

Enjoy and look forward to seeing some images from it!

Personally, I don't think it's silly at all. If it really is the only one left, then I agree with the collectors. At that point it's part of history and should be taken care of. I would take the big money and get a 'user' TLR, or use the money to buy a Rolleiflex.

Of course, in the end, it's yours to do with as you want.

If you were offered $1500 for it?... SELL it and buy 15 Yash TLRs you can acctually use.

If you were offered $1500 for it?... SELL it and buy 15 Yash TLRs you can acctually use.

Why? I have seen how an average $100 Yashica TLR looks/functions. I would end up having 15 shabby-looking Yashica TLR's, (most likely with various issues) as opposed to this beautiful, absolutely pristine camera which looks and functions exactly as it did when it was brand new. Besides I "can actually use" this one just fine, thanks!

I take pride in the fact that every camera in my collection is in flawless condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. After a LOT of hunting, I somehow managed to locate this perfect Yashica 635 at a great price. There is no way I could/would ever part with it now, just to end up with a mediocre one.

Glen

Last edited:
When I started reading your post I thought, well this is so nice! Here is a photographer who loves these vintage cameras and was fortunate enough to stumble upon a great find, and will soon be enjoying taking beautiful photographs with this gem of a camera. Turns out you only bought it to make a fast buck? Please tell me I am mistaken!

All those "mint" doodads that came with it... you must be planning to make lots of money from it. Well, hopefully I am dead wrong about you; in that case I'd be happy to apologize, and would gladly take it off your hands and actually use the camera. Of course I doubt that I'd be able to afford your (inflated?) price tag.

Here's my suggestion, and feel free to disregard it, as even I admittedly think my reply sounds like it has a healthier dose of bitterness than was intended, but how about you go buy some inexpensive film and spend an afternoon shooting with this new acquisition of yours? I think it would indeed be a sin for you to have picked this up at a sale, only to flip it for a tidy profit.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland: about my photography:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back