My Flickr :)

LoKaM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah I'm still a Beginner

Got my D40 about 3 weeks ago..I try to learn as much as possible.

I made a flickr to gather all the pictures I like, and then I can see my evolution in a few months :)

http://flickr.com/photos/guiouellet

Comments and Critisicm (constructive) are always welcome..

Cya around

Pretty good start, all 3 portraits are very well composed with perfect lighting.

And it is great seeing how your shots will evolve in just a few short months of shooting. Shots you thought were great before become mediocre, and you'll be able to see how much you've progressed and learned in a short period of time. I know I need to go back in my Flickr in delete quite a few shots that just aren't as great as I thought they were when I initially took them several months ago.

Keep up the good work, you seem to have a good eye for portrait photography :thumbup:

As someone who has no clue on how to do portait lighting, I'm very curious to know what you used.

That is a good start. And like Campbell said you will get pickier as, you advance. We all do because we are our own worst critics.

As someone who has no clue on how to do portait lighting, I'm very curious to know what you used.

You'll probably laugh but the 3rd one was done just with an overhead light in my living room..

The one is the stairs was just a tabletop lamp that I put to light myself..
Haha

Better than my first three shots using my D200... lol

The lighting setup is easy:

#1 - Ambient light

#2 - lightsource below and centered to the subject

#3 - lightsource centered and above the subject.

If you look at the shadows, it gives it away almost every time.

Yeah you're dead on :)

i like these first shots.

i like the flickr sites BUT

IF YOU GO to

CARBONMADE.COM

you can set up your own website with 35 pics in different sections and its FREE.

its dead easy to set up and then you can have a web address

mine is

follandphotography.carbonmade.com

if you want to see what it looks like

i like these first shots.

i like the flickr sites BUT

IF YOU GO to

CARBONMADE.COM

you can set up your own website with 35 pics in different sections and its FREE.

its dead easy to set up and then you can have a web address

mine is

follandphotography.carbonmade.com

if you want to see what it looks like

Woah thanks I really like the look of this..

I'll still keep the flickr to put ALL my photos and use the site you provided for my best ones...

great.

glad to be of help.

did you view my website successfully cause some of my friends are having probs seeing it

Yeah I'm still a Beginner

Got my D40 about 3 weeks ago..I try to learn as much as possible.

I made a flickr to gather all the pictures I like, and then I can see my evolution in a few months :)

http://flickr.com/photos/guiouellet

Comments and Critisicm (constructive) are always welcome..

Cya around

All three photos are great.

The only thing I would point out IMHO is that in the second pic it would look much bigger if you somehow rotated the ball so the Spalding logo doesn't appear. I personally attempt to not "market" any products through my pictures. Not saying that's what you're doing but that's just my 2 cents. Excellent job with the lighting and being creative enough to use what you got!

Yeah well I did it on purpose since I was going for that ''Basketball add'' kind of feel but you're right about it being really commercial..

Haha

Most reactions

Back