My friend's house (revisited)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last week, I placed this photo into the Critique Gallery to hear people's opinions about it, it's my friend's house on a grey wintery morning that I thought would be our only mentionable winter ever for this year (little did I know at the time):

Img_0394.jpg

Some critisised the lines in this photo and suggested a correction in PS. Since I can't do that (and don't even know what they really mean - so silly am I, mind!), and since winter came here full force on Tuesday with lots of snow (for here!) and an icy cold of -10°C, I returned to take new photos of her house in the setting sun yesterday afternoon:

HeikesHaus1.jpg

HeikesHaus2.jpg

HeikesHaus3.jpg

HeikesHaus5.jpg

HeikesHaus6.jpg

HeikesHaus8.jpg

With this lovely light, my attempts to reshoot what I had, constantly skirting around the street light that is right in front of the house, I still think I didn't manage to capture the same magic as there is in the first photo. What do you say?

I don't know. Some space may be used, but most - so I think - is just attic.
And it used to be a thatched roof. For economical reasons it's been changed to corrugated tin, or whatever it is. It would have been MUCH nicer with the thatched roof, but maintenance and fire insurance are sky-high!

It's amazing how tilted they make those so that the snow doesn't stay up there.... haha

Great pictures! :D

LaFoto said:
I still think I didn't manage to capture the same magic as there is in the first photo. What do you say?

I agree, the setting sun makes for very nice "warm" light, but I like the first photo the most. The cold grey just seems to suit it best.

just my 2¢

I quite agree. The soft, diffused light in your original produced some magic. You are sooo nice to share the additional photos with us! Thank you.

-Pete Christie

These are all great, the lighting in #2 makes it my favorite of the series. What a charming house!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back