My Girlfriend and I

Haha.

Well, with the burnt out areas it's impossible to bring colour back.

There's a few tools that'll do it simply and quickly and leave little editing work after. With RubyMagic's permission I can show what it looks like. :)

Let me know if it's cool to do and post.

Well, the first mistake is that you didn't do an American Gothic shot! :mrgreen:

Your photos have a lively vibe going on, but it is lost because the exposure is off (most are underexposed, especially the ones with the bright sky background). Outdoors light can be unforgiving. A couple are also out of focus, which leads me to believe that you need to spend a lot more time with your camera, review the results, and work on them - which is what you are doing by posting here. Keep working and posting then!

Another tip, a straight horizon would improve the car hood shots, make them look less like snapshots.

Well, the first mistake is that you didn't do an American Gothic shot! :mrgreen:

Your photos have a lively vibe going on, but it is lost because the exposure is off (most are underexposed, especially the ones with the bright sky background). Outdoors light can be unforgiving. A couple are also out of focus, which leads me to believe that you need to spend a lot more time with your camera, review the results, and work on them - which is what you are doing by posting here. Keep working and posting then!

Another tip, a straight horizon would improve the car hood shots, make them look less like snapshots.

You cant have a straight horizon when you live in the hills, homie.

I was just going to post that.

I hate the stressing of flat horizons when horizons are not always flat.

Yes, a flat horizon, or water horizon needs to be flat, but a narrow view of a hill will always get this comment.

Not tearing a strip off anybody, but horizons do not always have to be flat.

Hehe, so true.

But I think all this "straight line" stuff must come from or be targeted at total beginners anyway. I can see it for a standard sunset over water type shot or something but every time I go to a highly paid professional's site and look at their gallery none of it is straight lines and ALL (or almost all) of it has the camera tilted quite purposefully. Portraiture, wedding, event, nature, sports, most all of it. And then almost contrarily I read photo forum sights and there are often lots of people saying 'no good, the lines aren't straight'. It's kinda confusing! :er:

Sure you can have a straight horizon if you want. You even have it in the rest of your photos. But hey, chill out everyone, it's not like a photographic dogma, i just suggested it for the particular photos in question.

In short, all i was trying to say that if you pay attention to your surroundings as well as your subject, you will improve your photos. I find that this is a very good piece of advice when you move up from "enthusiast" taking snapshots of everything to "budding photographer" and i stand by it.

Could have sworn that I commented on these photos previously.

Most reactions

Back