What's new

My "GO" at still life and advice taken. What do you think?

Omg no way those were not in manual. I even checked on m computer program and I also didn't shoot in manual at all that day because u guys told me not to. I shot in aperture priority for the flower and ISO of 800 because that was recommended. The camera chose the shutter speed. Obviously.


Thanks guys! I really was focusing on exposure so I shot different items, several of each,to take some of the decision making away from me and leave it to he camera. I wanted to see if t exposures were better.

Erose thanks soo much! I didn't put much thought into having interesting photos lol I just was trying out not doing everything on my own.

I actually also who prob about 20 photos of the flower, butterfly, and bunny with different priorities, aperture, and shutter speeds. I just didn't post them all.
 
Omg no way those were not in manual. I even checked on m computer program and I also didn't shoot in manual at all that day because u guys told me not to....

exif1.jpg
 
Omg no way those were not in manual. I even checked on m computer program and I also didn't shoot in manual at all that day because u guys told me not to....

exif1.jpg

Yup and I have 2 different ones I used that I just checked in case his was acting up and they both said manual too...........
 
Yup and I have 2 different ones I used that I just checked in case his was acting up and they both said manual too...........
Before I said anything I did the same thing just to make sure.
 
Omg no way those were not in manual. I even checked on m computer program and I also didn't shoot in manual at all that day because u guys told me not to. I shot in aperture priority for the flower and ISO of 800 because that was recommended. The camera chose the shutter speed. Obviously.


Thanks guys! I really was focusing on exposure so I shot different items, several of each,to take some of the decision making away from me and leave it to he camera. I wanted to see if t exposures were better.

Erose thanks soo much! I didn't put much thought into having interesting photos lol I just was trying out not doing everything on my own.

I actually also who prob about 20 photos of the flower, butterfly, and bunny with different priorities, aperture, and shutter speeds. I just didn't post them all.

And what did you come away with each series, which settings were best, did you write down the scene and the settings of the best images? Did you save some with the settings so you could use as examples for when that comes up again? Keep a journal and save your test images for reference. Post your best 10 of the flower and tell us why you think they are the best, number them 1-10 with 10 the best and list with each the settings. We will critique your ratings, be prepared to discuss your thoughts.
 
Hey babe, where you been?

Thanks, never thought I'd be missed. :blushing:
I do occasionally pop in and lurk or make a comment here and there.
Between full time work and full time school my times are tight.
I do miss the gang sometimes, especially the "Girls of TPF"!:drool:
 
Good to see you are putting your time to good use!! lol
I wish I could say that much....lol I'm still here. :lol:
 
I think it was great practice no matter what the settings you used to get your exposures. Also a little off the topic but did the guy in the last two know his shirt was on backwards?

Keep practicing. I take pictures of everything just trying to keep all the rules in my head so I know when it is time to break them :)
 
Perhaps it's way too early to worry of composition but maybe she should keep it in mind.

Ive read so many of your posts (OP) and see that you want to learn but damn if you aren't doing everything the wrong way. My advce is stop, join a local Club, find a local mentor or take a class. The Internet isn't helping fast enough.

^^ Good advice.

You're trying too hard and obsessed with the camera settings WAY more than you ought to be at this point. I think you should stop "thinking" about photography and have more fun just doing it. Set your fancy camera to Aperture Priority and leave it there for an entire week. Go shoot whatever catches your eye, taking several shots of each subject at various f-stops. Get really comfortable in AP mode to the point that you know how the DOF of a shot will look before you release the shutter. Leave exposure and everything else out of your thought process. As you review your shots, do your PP, and so on, things will begin to make more sense. Then you can move on to other variables.

I think at this point you're just overwhelmed with technical formulas and calculations and theory. That's important - very important - but photography, like any art, proceeds best when the analytical brain is turned off. At least that's how is for me. Go have fun.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom