My head hurts.....

rdzmzda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well ok so i wanted a 40d when i originally started out then was like wow the new 5d mark ii looks bad ... so ill wait for it to come out....but wait no one seems to know when it will be out and im impatient so maybe i should find the happy medium the 50d right wrong huh i dunno my head hurts....haha so i dont want to say that money is no object but I want to set up a good system that any amatuer (wanna be pro :D) photographer would be proud of. So heres my perdicaments hopefully some people may be able to shine some light on for me....or even give me a link to the perfect setup :D anyways i like the ideas of the full frame sensor and high megapixels of the 5d but i dont even know if i will ever take full advantage of it so is there a point (and i care less about the hd video really....might be neat to play aroudn with thats abut it) the 50d seems to have the higher fps and resolution that i like (well seem like a good idea to me) but the 40d is like half the price and primarily only 5 megapixels less....I want to shoot everything not be limited from sports to portraits to wildlife to anything if i see it and like it i want to shoot it so im kinda lost some have features that fit some dont....haha and how if for some reason i do get a wedding or something to shoot am i going to show up with a point and shoot (joke) anyways ideas? lens setups with each? pros and cons? im here cause the more i look the more im thinking screw it im gonna take up knitting my head hurts....oh and while i said money isnt a big concern the price tag on the 1d line is just a bit far fetched so i dunno lets say under 3k....

well on the 1D front go to the bottom of this article and read the conclusions:
http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/articles/canon_eos_1ds_mark3_review.htm

makes that 5DM2 look much more attractive :)

I think first off you have to decide 2 key things:

1) Budget - we really need an idea how much (roughly) you are looking to spend on kit

2) Intentions - shooting everything is fine, but I am sure there are some areas that really interest you more than others - what are these areas? Where do you see yourself shooting the most - family, wildlife, landscapes, sports?

My final point is also that you are looking at the wrong end of the kit - the camera body is an important part, but the most important bit of kit is a good strong lens on the camera. The lens defines what you can and cannot shoot and also more strongly affects the overall image quality you get - more so than the camera body.

Of course a good photographer holding the kit is also essential ;)

...the perfect setup...

Only you can decide the perfect set-up, and you'll only be able to make that decision accurately when you've got plenty of experience using imperfect set-ups.

The 5D is an awesome camera: Canon has removed it from their website, and the price is down $300 at B & H. I'm sure it will continue to drop slowly.

The 50D reviews I'm reading suggest there isn't a huge difference between it and the 40D as far as image quality is concerned. Personally I don't see a significant image quality difference looking at prints between my 20D and 40D; the big difference I notice is in the control set-up. It's my opinion that good lenses and good light do a lot more for image quality than expensive bodies. Look for a deal on the body, and spend the big money on lenses, flashes, etc...

well ok so i wanted a 40d when i originally started out then was like wow the new 5d mark ii looks bad ... so ill wait for it to come out....but wait no one seems to know when it will be out and im impatient so maybe i should find the happy medium the 50d right wrong huh i dunno my head hurts....haha so i dont want to say that money is no object but I want to set up a good system that any amatuer (wanna be pro :D) photographer would be proud of. So heres my perdicaments hopefully some people may be able to shine some light on for me....or even give me a link to the perfect setup :D anyways i like the ideas of the full frame sensor and high megapixels of the 5d but i dont even know if i will ever take full advantage of it so is there a point (and i care less about the hd video really....might be neat to play aroudn with thats abut it) the 50d seems to have the higher fps and resolution that i like (well seem like a good idea to me) but the 40d is like half the price and primarily only 5 megapixels less....I want to shoot everything not be limited from sports to portraits to wildlife to anything if i see it and like it i want to shoot it so im kinda lost some have features that fit some dont....haha and how if for some reason i do get a wedding or something to shoot am i going to show up with a point and shoot (joke) anyways ideas? lens setups with each? pros and cons? im here cause the more i look the more im thinking screw it im gonna take up knitting my head hurts....oh and while i said money isnt a big concern the price tag on the 1d line is just a bit far fetched so i dunno lets say under 3k....

this is what i got out of this when read it out loud:

:chatty::confused: it's almost like one giant run on sentence that makes little sense.

Just do whatever, you're going to replace the camera in 2-3 years anyway.

hmmm ok price wise like i said not to worried about but starting off no way im willing to go over 5k....would like to keep around 3k or less i dont need all the lenses at once and can wait to buy on occasion primarily looking to shoot friends, family and wildlife.... perhaps an occasional wedding or something eventually...senior pictures.....not really into sit down in front of a backdrop and take a picture idea....my ideal world would be to eventually take my love of photography and make a living off this...seems like the going thing is perhaps to wait and buy the 5d mark ii when it comes out or just buy the 5d which? ok now onto lenses what should i start off with kinda loss on that i think no matter what im going to go with the ef series because they seem to be the most universal incase i upgrade later (or am i wrong) ok what about is? what about f factor? i mean do i need the super duper lenses to start off (cause seems they cost easily 1k plus each) which quickly goes over my budget.....does it have to be canon (obviously not but is there a nikon that fits everything im looking for?) i just prefer canon as far as my point and shoot i love it so i dunno....so anyhting else i can help u with helping me :D

sorry about the one great big giant run on sentence i just kinda write as i think and dont really worry about punctuation im more of a stop and take a breathe whenever u want type of man....please lets not get started on my piss poor gramar i know it exists dont really bother to mess with it these are all thought im writing down....

firstly what K are we talking about $ or £ ? or something else?

k....is in reference to thousand in us dollars....hmmm maybe i should go british pounds so i feel like im getting a deal though :D haha no ok seriously yeah us dollars

At this point, I feel you would be very happy with the original 5D. It is truly a great camera. Just because its big brother has come about doesn't make it any less of a camera. It has been used by wedding photographers and PJs for a while - there is no reason for you to need anything more, not at this particular point in time.

The only reason I'd steer you away from the 5D is if you were to mention the word "sports" to me. In this regard, the 5D is just too slow. I'd recommend the 40D or 50D for this application. Generally, there isn't really much difference between the 40D and 50D except high ISO performance and maybe a few other things. For me, the high ISO performance stands out and is reason alone to get the better, badder camera. I've heard of and seen great shots from the 50D taken at ISO3200 and that is just phenomenal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back