my heart is broken tonight

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
and i feel like crying. for some reason i cannot. i just can't even begin to understand how anyone could intentionally hurt children; not for any reason, certainly not for a cause. targeting children? my god what has this world come to. the tragedy may have happened in russia, but i feel it so intensely i just can't shake the need to cry. and yet i can't. all those children...

there is evil walking this land, and i fear with all my soul that it is getting stronger...

I know, I know, I know, I know.....

I know. :(

:hug:

There are no words, really.

bastards! I listen to the radio a few times a day and they comment it non-stop. The real tragedy. How people can kill children?!

Yeah I was watching the news reports last night, these people have some real issues if they think that taking innocent young lives is going to get them anywhere other than dead.

It's terrible and my condolences go out to anyone that may have felt the reprocussions of it!

I know what you mean Tobes :cry:

I have to choke back tears on a regular basis from seeing or hearing of what living beings put other living beings through.

The most evil in this world is attacking the most innocent... where do we go from there ?

I actually was going to post a similar thread yesterday, but time did not allow me. How can ANY group (no matter what their cause is) justify their cause by killing innocent children?

Terrorists, no matter which country they are from; are binded closely by one common factor - hatred! I doubt if they would live a peaceful life ever after.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I've looked at the photos and gotten physically ill. As a Mother, my heart is breaking and I question why this has happened. Where do we go from here to repair the deeply torn fabric that is making up our society?

This is gonna sound hippy-ish , I know ( hey... my mum was a lil flower-power chica in the sixties , it rubs off on offspring ;) ...)

A lil quote I heard a long time ago

" Kindness is the noblest weapon to conquer with "

Cynics would scoff at me for believing this but ...love really is the most powerful force....
It is the seed , the fertiliser and the oxygen of life.

These guys arent anythin the world hasnt seen before .. they've been around from day one ....they just have a different title, this time its 'Terrorists' . Let them hate , remember hate devours from within ... it destroys itself.
Each time you hear of an awful event such as the one in Russia , counteract it by tripling the kindness you spread to ppl .....

You are absolutely, positively right. Thank you for that!

AlisonS said:
You are absolutely, positively right. Thank you for that!

Welcome Ali babe ! :hug:

I heard a well known ( in aussie-land ) radio station DJ speaking about when she had her first child ( how she felt etc ) a couple of months ago .... and she said something that struck a chord ....
" When I held my son in my arms for the first time , one of the thoughts that went through my mind was ...." the world REALLY CAN hurt me now ...."

I dont have kids of my own but I have two nephews and I find that they have this extraordinary power to melt desensitization.
I believe whenever one starts to feel jaded about the world they just need to look at kids ( and animals ) and be reminded of the good and innocent in the world also.

*sighs.

I normally avoid these types of threads... and I prolly won't check for any answers but my take is this...

You're all right. Imagine watching your children die. Imagine watching your brothers die too. Imagine all that you love has gone. Your home destroyed. Nothing left but pain, and hurt, and hatred for those who took your children. All that's left is hate and the desire to hurt those who hurt you so very, very much.

There might even be enough hate to drive you to want to hurt them the way they hurt you. And so, you kill their children.

Sometimes, when you are pushed beyond the brink, your decisions are not good ones.

2Stupid2Duck said:
Sometimes, when you are pushed beyond the brink, your decisions are not good ones.

Granted.

Yet an eye for an eye will only lead to blindness.
I know that you know this.

I just noticed you're a fellow aussie too .. whereabouts in Brissie are ya .... ( if ya dont mind me askin ) ? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back