What's new

My Heavy Russian Friend

poker_jake

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
321
Reaction score
55
Location
Duluth, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A Heavy AN-124 flew in to work today and luckily someone got me off position to shoot it:

7370612798_b41888e4a0_b.jpg



7185379789_6fbf81ac07_b.jpg



7370611702_3bbb326a77_b.jpg



7185378573_9cbb04aeb6_b.jpg



7370603002_72f92b1f10_b.jpg



7185369843_946de37a55_b.jpg
 
That's a lot of landing gear. cool shots.
 
That's pretty cool...Airplane over sized the runway!
 
Cool shots. That's most assuredly not something that we see every day around this part of the world! One landed here a couple of years ago but I didn't know anything about it until it was too late. Good catch.
 
Thanks all, there is a second one flying in today but suppose to be a low ceiling all day


I think he has a heavier brother called AN-127

The AN-225 is his huge brother.
 
Remains me of the C-5 Galaxy!!! I love big planes!
 
Remains me of the C-5 Galaxy!!! I love big planes!
When the C-5 was introduced it was the largest aircraft on the planet. Right after that the Russians introduced one of the Antonovs (I don't remember the model) that was a few inches longer and a few inches wider simply so they could claim the title of world's largest aircraft.

Whatever the model was there were a LOT of similarities between it and the C-5 because industrial espionage was so prevalent at the time it was basically built on the same plans as the C-5. At least that's what I read somewhere along the line ;)
 
I wish I would have had my camera when he departed this morning. There was a wet runway and the thrust from the engines created rooster tails and looked awesome.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom