My holiday bread-test run

So it's three "simple" braids, stacked up? Two wide on the bottom, one on top? Do you do anything special to make them come together, or do you just let 'em rise together and they find one another and stick together into a single loaf?

I do a challah, and also a cardamon loaf (which is pretty much the challah with cardamon in it ;) but they're just a regular single braid.

It looks gorgeous and deliciously huge!
Rise side by side a few inches apart, stack a few min before bake, egg white and a little water whisked and brush on.
haven't used cardamom forever. Egyptian friend used to make, a bashmel sp with cardamom,
then add a bunch of stuff, and watch us drool as we ate.

Last edited:
There are few things in life that are as wonderful and inviting as the smell of freshly baked bread :)

That looks delicious man. I went through a bread making kick awhile back. I cheated by mostly using a bread machine but have made some oven bread too. Made a bunch of different varieties from coconut bread to naan on the grill. The only thing that can compare to the smell of fresh bread is the taste. And I can imagine how good that challah tasted.

I think after seeing this I'm gonna check the pantry and see what I can make this weekend !

I heard that an old real-estate sales trick is to have fresh-baked bread made just before the open house. The rational part of the brain just doesn't stand a chance.

That's some yummy looking real estate trick works.

That's some yummy looking bread!

The photo with the bread cut open -- yum! Bet it's great hot and slathered in butter. A pretty bread too! Nice.

That was my practice run. Thanksgiving bread looked the same. That's for all the great comments. Going to bake Cin-o-buns with
Vanilla frosting. Will post some pics later in the week. Thanks again Ed

Most reactions

Back