My Home Built Computer

SpikeyJohnson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just brought the computer up from the "office" to dust it out and decided to grab a few photo's for the Overclock.net Corsair Air 540 Club. I built this machine back in January to do my photo editing, web design, video editing and gaming on.

Home Built i7 Machine by spikeyj37, on Flickr

The system has been a blast and I finally got to photograph it. This specific photo is a composite of 7 images. They ranged everywhere from 1 second to 20 seconds and I used my SB-700 off camera to light specific area's of the computer. I think this could have been done in 3 images or so but it was easy to let the computer chomp away in photoshop afterwards. More to work with is better anyways. I took a photo lastly to show the lit hardware of the computer such as the CPU water block, BIOS message display and the Onboard Audio Lighting.

It was definitely a fun little night up in the kitchen playing with my camera and my flash and then hooking the computer up and editing the photo's

For the spec junkies (can't post photo's of a computer without the specs):

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO Water Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero
Memory: G.Skill Trident X (8GB x 2) @ 2133 MHZ
Video Card: XFX Radeon 7850 Ghost 1 GB OC'd
Solid State: Samsung RBX 120GB (hidden behind the motherboard)
Hard Disks: Western Digital 2 TB Green (Data Disk), Western Digital 1 TB Green (Scratch and Temp), LaCie 1 TB External (Backup for finished photo's, RAW Files and Windows 8)
Fans: Corsair SP 160 x 3 (case), Corsair SP 120 x 2 (radiator)
Case: Corsair Air 540
Monitors: HP 19" Widescreen x 3 and Wacom Cintiq 21" tablet
Keyboards: Old Generic Dell, Razer Orbweaver
Mouse: Razer Naga Epic
Speakers: Logitech 5.1 Surround and Logitech G930 Headset

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Anyways, I'm done geeking out for the night. Hope you enjoy the photo and if you have any questions about computers let me know. I'm always glad to help.

Most reactions

Back