My Home Town - Honest C&C Welcome!

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out after work to give my new grip a workout as well as to test some things from my new 'Understanding Exposure' book, I hope it helped :lol:

I not only welcome, I encourage your honest C&C on these.

574522634_h77nf-XL.jpg

574522552_8jjz2-L.jpg

This one I liked only because I wanted it to look old. I shot it out the window at 60mph :lol:
574522619_LdY6H-L.jpg

I like the composition of the first one but think it would have been improved with a polarizing filter.

The second one would definitely benefit from a macro lens. The bug is too small for my taste. And you have dust (or something) at the end of the wings which is annoying to the eye.

The third one doesn't do anything for me. No contrast. And in B&W, you need black and you need white.

Honestly, the only one I like at all is the first one. However, I really like the first one and think it is a great shot. I love the Vertical orientation, the rule of thirds (or maybe fifths..lol), the clouds and the sky....all look really great.

Only nitpick is that it looks like you used a Grad. ND filter on it and this has caused the top of the largest wind machine (whatever it's called) to be darker that fades to lighter. This bugs me a little since naturally the top should be lighter since it's higher and getting more sun (look at the ones in the background).

Great points guys and thank you...

The only thing done to the windmill pic is a boost on saturation, and a little straightening - nothing else.

The shadow could be from an overhead cloud or another turbine near it, I don't remember off hand.

First one is my favorite too, I guess the other 2 just looked good compared to the others I took :lol:

I like the first as well, and like NateS mentioned about the blades of the windgenerator....I would give them a little dodging in post to make them lighter. Great shot!

Your first image is really cool, it would be a perfect stock photo. It has a peacefull relaxing feel to it. The second one I quite like too though the last image doesn't do it for me, sorry lol.

I like the composition of the first one but think it would have been improved with a polarizing filter.

The second one would definitely benefit from a macro lens. The bug is too small for my taste. And you have dust (or something) at the end of the wings which is annoying to the eye.

The third one doesn't do anything for me. No contrast. And in B&W, you need black and you need white.

What would using a polarizer achieve with this image?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back