My Home Town

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been pretty quiet on the photo front recently, it seems to have been raining almost every time I've had a chance to get out. Grabbed a quick snap of my home town the other weekend tho, just got round to processing it properly...

berko_view_2.jpg

Cheers,

Mo.

stunning shot mo... love the light in this one... i gotta get that photomatix :mrgreen: ....

Im the same tho at the moment... havent been out shooting for ages... luckily, the light is getting better down here tho ;)

Seems like everyone is living in a better place than I am at the moment! :(

Anyway, nice image, one can see some strong post-processing, but it works for this image. It is one of those images though, which you have to see it large and in full resolution to really enjoy :)

Love it. Very '3D' ish - would that be saturation in post processing ?
Almost like a screenshot from a dreamworks animation production.

Lovely. Congratulations.

This photo has some enormous DEPTH!
Wow.
The clouds seem to almost float out of my screen and towards me.
And the hazy light of the sun and that :lovey: GREEN :lovey: of the meadows. Wow!

Sure does look like an HDR to me. I love it!

Wow, killer "snap."

Nearly perfect in timeless quality.

Yes, it is HDR. In fact I processed two HDR's, one very exaggerated and one very subtle and blended the two. Also had quite a lot of flare to deal with as I was shooting into the (albeit overcast) sun with a very wide-angle lens.

Thanks a lot for the comments. I know this sort of 'high' processing is not to everyones tastes but I like it :)

Cheers :mrgreen:

the weather around here has been crappy too, and I have been slacking on the photo front too. I even had a snow day today!

but I am excited for better weather to come around

Nice HDR by the way :)

...Thanks a lot for the comments. I know this sort of 'high' processing is not to everyones tastes but I like it :)

It is definitely different, but the results are too good to NOT like it. I want to just stare at it for hours... great image!

:thumbup:

^^^ I agree, I could stare at it for hours. What a beautiful view of your town, surrounded by the green fields, and that dramatic sky above.

Awesome Mohain.
Your post-processing implies what great creativity you possess.
Thanks for sharing.

PS: I am envy with the lush green you presented.

Yes, it is HDR. In fact I processed two HDR's, one very exaggerated and one very subtle and blended the two. Also had quite a lot of flare to deal with as I was shooting into the (albeit overcast) sun with a very wide-angle lens.

Thanks a lot for the comments. I know this sort of 'high' processing is not to everyones tastes but I like it :)

Cheers :mrgreen:

You must have shot the separate exposures very fast (bracketing?). There is very little of the 'fizzlet' (for the lack of the proper term) that I usually see on hdr clouds.

Excellent. - no emoticon for drooling.

You must have shot the separate exposures very fast (bracketing?). There is very little of the 'fizzlet' (for the lack of the proper term) that I usually see on hdr clouds.

Excellent. - no emoticon for drooling.

Yes there is ... :drool:

:)

On the 30D the high speed shooting mode will churn out 5 FPS and with auto bracket on the quickets one's in the middle so the clouds need to be going some for any movement to show. I do sometimes get it but it's usually minimal.

And that for all the other comments peeps :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back