My Husky

CFRacer22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Wanted to share some pics of my Siberian Husky, her name is Alaksa. She's a beautiful dog, I wish my photography skills were good enough to capture it better...I like taking pictures of just her head for some reason, probably cause shes kinda on the small side for a husky and the headshots don't show it. Any opinions on the dog or photograhy welcome...

446872950_d070139e28_b.jpg

446872942_d4e0bc37b0_b.jpg

446872938_3bcd36d07d_b.jpg

446872928_5384c7c4f5_b.jpg

446872902_7153a50f74_b.jpg

446872882_8fc74ec434_b.jpg

Oooo, I very, very, very much like the light in the last photo here! That is some special light ... makes her ears all red, heehee, and gives nice, "picture-sculpting" shadows. I also like composition of that photo with Alaska a bit on the side.

In the first I really wish you had included her nose, otherwise the very close close-up on her face and blue eyes is nice.

The next two don't do so much for me and I am not sure they are sharp and in focus where they should be ... ???

But I do like Photo 4 for the background colour and the fact that we see her doing something that I assume she likes to do: observing all that's going on outside through the window. Lovely focus on her eyebrows and whiskers.

Photo 5 has her one ear clipped off a little, so sad :(. ;)

We do our best work with those we love, and Alaska is obviously special in your life. great pics.

It's all about the eyes with a husky! She's beautiful! The last pic is definitely my fave...the lighting is very striking, and her 'expression', the composition, and just the interesting elements of the wood fence, and the grass/mud/rocks make for a winning shot.

thanks for all the compliments. the first pic was actually shots several months ago when I first got my rebel xti, just messing around snapping stuff in amazement of the detail it can capture. 2 & 3 i didn't think were amazing or anything, thats just the only time I've shot her in b&w so i posted them. I like 4 & 5 a lot because of the reason you said LaFoto, that she loves loking out that window (the house in on top of a hill and that is on the second floor, letting you see forever, so I'm sure thats why). And the last one I'm suprised so many people liked, I do like the lighting, but I guess since it is in my back yard that I see everyday it just seems a little boring to me. I do like it, otherwise I would not have posted it, but was just suprised I got much reaction from it

That last shot is amazing! She has beautiful coloring and the sun in that shot really makes her coat look thick and soft. Wonderful looking dog.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back