My Kiddos

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My attempt at a Elena Shumilova type edit. I just don't knowhow she does it!! Im going to buy one of her tutorials and see. She says it's all natural light and she does not use layer mask and that is where my mind went "BOOM!!" Her work isamazing no matter how she does it.

Anyway, I don't know how to use the pen tool, so I made arough selection of the kids and then worked on the background. Photoshop is an amazing thing and I'm sure ittakes ages to get good at.
IMG_5878.jpg

Very nice image.............
Thanks, Jeff. I like it, kinda rough around the edges but it's getting close to what I want to do.
I don't know if you know her work or not but it is really good and this is, well, it's not even close. I think she puts in some hours in picking clothing for the kids, rustic locations.. I'm not sure. You know what? I'm going to buy a tutorial here in a min. It's only 20 bucks I think and I will see.
She said something about squeezing the background and I have never seen that done. Lol..

What a beautiful image, think you did a very good job indeed.

I just had to smile at the little one on the left. The posture, the arm swinging, screams attitude, I bet she's a hoot.

As to the editing, you've come a long way in your journey to master Ps. While there's nothing technically wrong with the processing it just seems strange with the in focus/OOF. Just IMO, I think this would have been better without the effect, even if it's a composite.

I went to the website of the photographer you referenced, and there's no doubt she's skilled in Ps, but frankly in looking at her before and after shots, she was lacking in her camera skills. Especially when it came to lighting. Many of the things she fixed post, would have been unnecessary had she done a better job in camera.

I believe she was offering in person workshops on the west coast. Her photos are stunning and she’s very skilled at this style. I think she lives in a very rural area and makes great use of her environment. It’s definitely a case of do one thing and do it well!

Just wanted to add check out Iwona Podlasinska on Flickr for similar stuff.

Very nice image.............
Thanks, Jeff. I like it, kinda rough around the edges but it's getting close to what I want to do.
I don't know if you know her work or not but it is really good and this is, well, it's not even close. I think she puts in some hours in picking clothing for the kids, rustic locations.. I'm not sure. You know what? I'm going to buy a tutorial here in a min. It's only 20 bucks I think and I will see.
She said something about squeezing the background and I have never seen that done. Lol..

So what’s the secret in the sauce? What’d the tutorial tell you?

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back