My kids in the ocean

JerryinToronto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my kids in the ocean. I think it's a great picture due to the timing.

DSC02482.jpg

yes, the timing is great. They are having FUN!! If their faces weren't so soft, it would have been perfect! But ehm...what's that grey area in the middle? (around her arm, is that water too??)

pascal

Puscas said:
yes, the timing is great. They are having FUN!! If their faces weren't so soft, it would have been perfect! But ehm...what's that grey area in the middle? (around her arm, is that water too??)

pascal

Yes, that is sea water. Faces are soft??? Hmmmm... never looked at it that way.
J

Thats pretty good timing. You must hava had a real fast shutter speed to stop the water the way you did.

Hi, Jerry (in Toronto), and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Nice timing for this one, indeed.
I don't know how far away you were from this scene (to keep the camera safe!), and if this even is a crop out of an actually larger frame, but their fun transports, their smiles are nice ... and their faces may be a bit soft, but I assume you used a long lens. Is this a scanned print, after all?

LaFoto said:
Hi, Jerry (in Toronto), and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Nice timing for this one, indeed.
I don't know how far away you were from this scene (to keep the camera safe!), and if this even is a crop out of an actually larger frame, but their fun transports, their smiles are nice ... and their faces may be a bit soft, but I assume you used a long lens. Is this a scanned print, after all?

My wife went through 3 pictures before she got it right. She was on the beach while the kids were about 15 feet away.

It is a slightly cropped picture; there were some other people in the ocean behind them.

The picture was taken using a SONY DSC-W7 camera, with no attachments or telephoto lenses.

It is not a scanned print.

Thank you for the kind words.

By the way, while the digital camera is a great convenience, I miss my old Minolta SLR. I had a X-400 ( I think that's what it was) with a quartz data back, 100-300 Minolta lens and a 15-50 wide angle. Also had a flash. I took some great time exposures years ago in Tel Aviv.

Regards

Jerry

This is one of the neatest things I have ever seen!!!! This would be one you should have made into poster size!!!!

oldnavy170 said:
This is one of the neatest things I have ever seen!!!! This would be one you should have made into poster size!!!!

I actually have an 8x10 made of it in my office. Everybody who sees it is amazed by it.

Thank You :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back