My latest '09 Seniors

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lovin' the seniors this spring. I would just do seniors and newborns if I could, for the rest of my life. lol Its where the money is, that for sure (other then weddings, but I have no desire to be a wedding photographer, lol) My senior sales have been averaging around $2k! Im finally getting into my target market. :thumbup:

All shot with my 5D and 70-200 2.8

3438313105_b9653259c6_o.jpg

3440510116_0d985964da_o.jpg

3440510030_fe89b1b90e_o.jpg

3439696493_33a769eae2_o.jpg

3412986596_4aca68343e_o.jpg

3411598189_7acac1fd6f_o.jpg

3399496738_598cd88c72_o.jpg

3399496890_331bf45361_o.jpg

3399496358_935f39f19e_o.jpg

Really cool shots. I like #5 especially. The car pic is nice. The shirt in number 2 looks a little blown but other than that, everything looks good. Great job!

Really cool shots. I like #5 especially. The car pic is nice. The shirt in number 2 looks a little blown but other than that, everything looks good. Great job!

Yeah, it is blown. I have been fighting with that pic. I would have masked it back completely, but with the haze from the sun flair, it just looks totally off. I need to work on it some more. Thanks!

I like the sharpness in the images, you got the eyes on!

First few shots have nice, standard compositions. I also like the car pic and the last set (which I think you have posted before) of the guy.

oh, did I post the guy before? I dont post here a huge amount and forget. Haha! sorry about that. ;)

I would just do seniors and newborns if I could, for the rest of my life. lol Its where the money is, that for sure
It's driving me crazy that 'Seniors' don't do this up in Canada...or at least it's quite rare. Most students up here, just get their photo taken by the school hired photographer for the year book. The seniors just put on a cap & gown, which is all that differentiates the photos from the same ones they have every year for the year book.

Very nice photos..I do have a few questions...:

1. Did you have an lighting equiptment or were they all done with Natural light?

2. I notice a lot of people like the very bright photo look, the skin tone is almost pale, (I love the photos don't get me wrong) I am just durious as to how this is done, The faces are very sharp and well lit?

3. Is there a good bit of PP done to get these?

Thank you for any info you have...I enjoy this type of shooting, so I want to find out all I can!

It's driving me crazy that 'Seniors' don't do this up in Canada...or at least it's quite rare. Most students up here, just get their photo taken by the school hired photographer for the year book. The seniors just put on a cap & gown, which is all that differentiates the photos from the same ones they have every year for the year book.

I know. I never did understand the senior portrait thing as our seniors up here don't do this. Always wondered why the senior portrait was such a big deal down south.
I love these shots, they are really great.
Though I have to say I can't believe that first girl is a senior! She looks so much older (not in a bad way, just older. I looked like I was 12 when I graduated!)

I know. I never did understand the senior portrait thing as our seniors up here don't do this. Always wondered why the senior portrait was such a big deal down south.
I love these shots, they are really great.
Though I have to say I can't believe that first girl is a senior! She looks so much older (not in a bad way, just older. I looked like I was 12 when I graduated!)

Ok, so its not just me who hasn't heard about this. I thought it was because I simply never looked into what is available for photographers as business opportunities.

I assume these senior portraits are faily big in the yearbook?

You photos definitely have the wow factor that the seniors look for. Only advice I can give is watch how your posing the oversize girls and don't be afraid to use the liquify filter. If you make a big girl look then it’s worth the extra time on the computer, trust me :)

"bid mike" just because the seniors in your area don't do it doesn't mean you can't create a market for it. Take a couple of cute popular girls form the local high schools, photography them for free and give a free album. (You'll get some sales form this also) Within a year I bet you will be having more and more seniors wanting the same experience. All seniors are young no matter where they live and if you give them an option to be different and express themselves they will most likely take it.

Benjamin C. Mooney

When I graduated two years ago a lot of the girls were having stuff like this done. No guys though.

Senior portraits are huge here in the US. Its to celebrate a huge milestone, from going from child to adult. Also, its most likely the last time they will have professional pictures done until their wedding, so thats another thing to think about. I know many photographers who JUST do seniors and that is it, and make good money at it. Its a huge industry here!

Thanks for the tips. I need to work on my liquify skills. lol

Very nice photos..I do have a few questions...:

1. Did you have an lighting equiptment or were they all done with Natural light?

2. I notice a lot of people like the very bright photo look, the skin tone is almost pale, (I love the photos don't get me wrong) I am just durious as to how this is done, The faces are very sharp and well lit?

3. Is there a good bit of PP done to get these?

Thank you for any info you have...I enjoy this type of shooting, so I want to find out all I can!

Nope, no lighting equipment, just natural light with these.

The lightness is doen with 1. perfect exposure, and 2. a curves boost. I really didnt no a huge ammount of processing to these. Some more then others if I wanted a texture or something. Must, as long as my exposure was spot on, it was just a curves boost, some saturation, and some contrast and thats it.

Well they are sure dead on!! What about the sun position?

It was about 5-6pm when I shot all of these. So within a couple hours of sunset.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back