What's new

My latest HDR Shot

Which do you like best


  • Total voters
    3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypnothesis

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 24, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
(cross-posted)

This flower was shot at night. I had little option but to do so because these last 24 hours tops. I had to use a car's headlights as the light source, and the parking light introduced significant yellowing that had to be undone. Here are 3 images that resulted:

​

The above was the first image done, in which most effects were done in Photomatix. I tried very hard after Photomatix to color correct in Photoshop. I got the flower back to white, at the cost of reddening everything. Since this shot was quite sub-par (beyond an artistic quality), I decided to redo this.

​

This one is a redo in Photomatix, which resulted in an over saturated image. The flower is white in real life, but the parking light turned the scene yellow, and I repaired this by duplicating the image, desaturating it, layer masking the b&w, and 'painting' saturation back on by painting white to the mask. This came out better, but the deghost wasn't that great, so...

​

I decided to do it over again, this time skipping photomatix and building the HDR manually using layers. -3, -2, -1, and 0 got "lighten" over a black layer, and +1, +2, +3 got "multiply*" on top of the other layers. Since +2 and +3 were out of skew/rotational alignment, I cheated and used Gaussian blur on those layers, which I think softened the lighting of the upper exposed layers. I wanted to stay away from too much 'local contrast' and detail on this image, instead opting to make a highly informative image with some dynamic range.

If I were to do this over one more time, it would be to perspective warp +2 and +3 to match over the rest to avoid the blur. It may make this image slightly sharper.

*EDITED: darken -> multiply
 
Last edited:
​

Here's another quick one, this time not using so much contrast as #3 in my post above...
 
(I can't believe I have to say this, but in the other thread someone demonstrated the need...)

CLICK THE IMAGE TO VIEW

The ones you see on this forum page are low-res "preview" images with gradients.
 
Per the TPF FAQ: "Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention." please do NOT cross-post. I will lock this thread as the other is the more active.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom