My latest visit to the zoo - (for Ravi !!!) (56k killer!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You dedicated one photo of your zoo-series to me, so I decided to dedicate one whole thread to you in reply. My latest visit to the zoo is months ago, we were on holidays in the area around Berlin and went to "Germany's Smallest But Nicest Zoo" (as it advertised itself) in Eberswalde. That's where my following many photos are from:

seeadlerframed.jpg

zooeberswalde10.jpg

Like yourself, Ravi, also I had to struggle heaps with all the mesh and fences there :roll: ... sometimes I could get rid of them well and sometimes not ... sigh

zooeberswalde1.jpg

zooeberswalde2.jpg

And some animals were indoors in some funny light situations that make the colours go very off :roll: I wonder if I never bothered to adjust the WB? :scratch: Oh well ... but your crocodiles made me think of this photo of "my" crocodile/alligator (I can never tell the difference although I have heard and read so much about how to distinguish them before).

zooeberswalde4.jpg

Mr and Mrs Lion (here to be seen) were tired and dozing through the day, which seems to be the rule for them ...

zooeberswalde5.jpg

He here opened his eyes for this instance only, else also he was dozing and enjoying to be fed by his wardens, I guess.

zooeberswalde3.jpg

Free range female peacock - no mesh to struggle with for once, yippieh!

zooeberswalde7.jpg

But the lemur had to be taken through mesh again (to whom do I have to dedicate this photo again .. my, if only my memory were a little better? :scratch: )

zooeberswalde9.jpg

Not all have smiling faces...

zooeberswalde8.jpg

...and some were downright naughty :D...

Those photos of the tigers that I could keep must still go into the "Bloopers", none worked out :roll:

the bald eagle gets my vote

Considering the tough lighting conditions...and especially the fence, you did a great job!

That last guy should be holding a sign that says 'Will work for fur' :D

waaawwwww!!!Waaawww....Waaawwww! I can't stop!!!!!!!:D I loooove your series...is awesome, except maybe the one with the monkey, I simply adore those photos. They are all amazing, but I guess my favorite is the one with the Lion taking a nap...and he's soooo unbelievably cute ( even though it's hard to imagine such a big cat beeing cute, not ferocious):lovey: . And the way he holds his paws...Awesome!!!!!!!!:lovey:

Yep, it's the bald eagle for me too from this series. The bokeh is great. I'd have liked a stop more light on his head/eye, though. 1/2 power fill-flash could probably have done that.

How did you see that lighting was poor, Jake?
For it was.
It was a very overcast day which ended in so much "drizzle" that we later hurried through the zoo and out and to the car, and there were very many trees that blocked what light there was .... does it show?

I fear my only available flash, i.e. the on-camera flash, would not have reached the bald eagle over the distance. It was quite far away and I had to zoom in quite a bit. My picture data says focal length was at 263.00mm...

Now where has Ravi gone to? This thread is primarily for him! ;)

that first shot is incredible! great capture. i really like the lemur too. :thumbup:

I really like #5. He looks cute and comfortable. I really liked seeing all the animals. Thank you for sharing these.

Thank you so much Corinna. No words to express my happiness. Thanks for the thread. I didn't really expect such a hugh treat from you, and that just for "One dedicated photo". Thank you once again.

Yeah, they were absolutely beautiful pictures. I wonder when can I reach those standards.

Sorry for the late response. But it's just early morning here. I have just come back from an early morning walk.

Thank you all for your nice comments - and I tend to agree to that the bald eagle came out best though I also quite like my photo of the little furry eared monkey (?) in #3. Have you checked out my tiger-bloopers taken on the same day, over in Snapshots_&_Bloopers ? I was so keen on getting a good tiger shot in that zoo and it was NOT to be had :roll: .

good work corinna... 1 is great for sure... i like the monkey in 9 too, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back