My Latest Wedding

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a capture from a freebie wedding that, thank the lord was the last one of the year. Anywho, I tried to stray from the norm and try something a bit different that I have been seeing other people do as well. I am trying to teach my fiance about photoshop, so I let her edit this one for me, so C/C invited. Thanks for looking.

present.jpg

For me, its ok. I love the feel of it, and I think the expression on the brides face is great. But due to the selective coloring, your eye looks at the bouquet, which is half out of the frame. I do like selective coloring at times, but I dont think it works for this particular shot. The crop feels just a bit snug as well. Do you have an uncropped version? Or is this it?

Cheers
Kristal

I too like the expression on the bride's face and think that it should be the photo's main point of focus, the selective colouring distracts. Otherwise, I would suggest using a smaller brush and getting in closer during pp; theres quite a bit of green left between the ribbons of the bouquet and some of the bouquet (top-left) is b&w.

I think the image will make a good impact on it's purchaser.

about the selective coloring... it can work, sometimes, but in this shot you've colored the entire bouquet the one color. Surely the entire thing was not that one color? If you are going to do it, use the colors the flowers actually were. The bride will know it's not right. And I agree, the crop is not right, I would have included the whole shot, seeing as this is the focus point.

Good idea and it is nice to expand your horizens. I don't mind selective coloring as long as there is a natural photo to choose from as well. I know several people who are wowed by selective coloring. I'm not sure that it is not the "how did you do that" factor that wows them though.

I'm not a huge fan of selective coloring either. BUT, your Bride MIGHT just love this pose! However, I agree with the PP who mentioned sticking with the original colors of the flowers. As a former bride, I think I'd find myself saying, "hey...my WHOLE bouquet was not fuschia!!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back