What's new

My long-term project: USS IOWA : BB-61 ..... C&C

480sparky51 50

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
25,394
Reaction score
9,148
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sitting in the main level of the Iowa state capitol building is a 18'7" model of the battleship USS Iowa : BB-61.

Last fall, I went there and took 90 photos down each side of the model (it's behind glass).

In my spare time, I've been slowly stitching them together to create one huge detailed image of the model's port side. I've gotten about 2/3 of the stitching done, and about 1/3 of that I've gone back and done some rough touch-ups.

It's far from the finished image
, but I thought I'd share what I've got done so far with everyone.

WorkingPortSideSAMPLE.jpg



To see a 1/5-size image, click here.



Once I get this done, I'll repeat the process on the starboard side.
Self-MakingEmoticon.gif
 
I think it will be a great end result! You're work so far appears excellent. Hope you share the finished product, soon!
 
Great one, seems like a lot of work. Curious though how are you planning to deal with the background.
 
Great one, seems like a lot of work. Curious though how are you planning to deal with the background.

Select it and replace it with either a plain color, or a shot of the ocean if I can find a suitable one. But that's down the road a ways.
 
That seems like a daunting task. I can't wait to see the end result.
 
Cool idea to say the least, but I see alot of duplicated stuff like the flag, the cables don't allign either. Like I said, Cool idea, wicked imagination but sticthing and cloning is due.
Keep at it!!!!

PS I know it's no finished.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom