My macro gear

That site looks a little dodgy to me. The bellows for Canon and Nikon say that they allow the lens and camera to communicate but I don't see any contacts that would make this possible. There is a DinoDirect on the BBB that has a D- rating but it is located in California and the site referenced here is in china so I don't know if they are the same. In any case, I would proceed with caution.

Edit: a quick look at the sites contact info shows that they are the same company.

That site looks a little dodgy to me. The bellows for Canon and Nikon say that they allow the lens and camera to communicate but I don't see any contacts that would make this possible. There is a DinoDirect on the BBB that has a D- rating but it is located in California and the site referenced here is in china so I don't know if they are the same. In any case, I would proceed with caution.

Edit: a quick look at the sites contact info shows that they are the same company.

I was a little unsure about them, but I received the flash bracket in good order. For the price I am willing to risk another order with them. But for any higher priced gear I would use B+H or Adaroma as I have never had a bit of trouble with them.

For Canon Novoflex Auto Bellows for Canon EOS BALCAN-AF B&H Photo Video
For Nikon Novoflex Auto Bellows for Nikon AI BALNIK AI B&H Photo Video

Considering the cost of the Novoflex units, I'm willing to risk the price of the Dino direct unit.

Ok, if you do decide to get one let me know how it goes. I don't normally let others take risks for me but if you are going to get one anyway...:D

Ok, if you do decide to get one let me know how it goes. I don't normally let others take risks for me but if you are going to get one anyway...:D

Sure thing :D

I really like the look of the Novoflex unit, but that is close to the price of a lens I want, and the cost of the overbore and pistons I want for my Harley, or the new cams, or the new...…*sigh* it never ends does it? :confused:

Sure can, what would you like to know? :D

Why, what, how, pics, how made etc

The why is easy, higher magnification. The microscope objective lens was picked up from B+H Swift MA10062 10xD Achromat Objective Lens MA10062 B&H Photo

I measured the diameter of the bace of the objective lens and drilled a hole in a body cap. I chose to also drill out the bace cap of the objective and glue the assembly to the body cap, that way I can use the stock cover for the objective to protect it when not in use. I then hot glued the objective in place.

I then mounted the objective lens to 68mm of Kenko extension tubes, and then mounted the assembly to the the camera body. I use a lens butt cap to cover the end of the assembly when not on the camera.

Many thanks now I too have a project

Ok, if you do decide to get one let me know how it goes. I don't normally let others take risks for me but if you are going to get one anyway...
icon_biggrin.gif

Sure thing
icon_biggrin.gif

I really like the look of the Novoflex unit, but that is close to the price of a lens I want, and the cost of the overbore and pistons I want for my Harley, or the new cams, or the new...…*sigh* it never ends does it?
boggled.gif

Tell me about it... :roll:

NewHood05-1.jpg

NewHood04.jpg

Why, what, how, pics, how made etc

The why is easy, higher magnification. The microscope objective lens was picked up from B+H Swift MA10062 10xD Achromat Objective Lens MA10062 B&H Photo

I measured the diameter of the bace of the objective lens and drilled a hole in a body cap. I chose to also drill out the bace cap of the objective and glue the assembly to the body cap, that way I can use the stock cover for the objective to protect it when not in use. I then hot glued the objective in place.

I then mounted the objective lens to 68mm of Kenko extension tubes, and then mounted the assembly to the the camera body. I use a lens butt cap to cover the end of the assembly when not on the camera.

Many thanks now I too have a project

You are most welcome :D

Sure thing :D

I really like the look of the Novoflex unit, but that is close to the price of a lens I want, and the cost of the overbore and pistons I want for my Harley, or the new cams, or the new...…*sigh* it never ends does it? :confused:

Tell me about it... :roll:

NewHood05-1.jpg

NewHood04.jpg

MAN! That's the car I want…In that color too…..That's too weird…...:lmao:

It is a lot of fun to drive and I only have one more payment to make on it! Sorry for the crappy pics, these were taken with my old Sony DSC-S60 p&s. I would post better pics but I haven't even tried to photograph it since I got the Nikon for some reason. I'll have to get it washed and shoot a couple soon.

It is a lot of fun to drive and I only have one more payment to make on it! Sorry for the crappy pics, these were taken with my old Sony DSC-S60 p&s. I would post better pics but I haven't even tried to photograph it since I got the Nikon for some reason. I'll have to get it washed and shoot a couple soon.

I look forward to seeing more of your car.

truly amazing , all very new to me ... I am blown away by the clarity of the subject..

I don't think that site is a problem, just a typical chinese type site, where ever it is, flash site run by people in back bedrooms, I have ordered many things from China etc and have NEVER had a problem in fact the service industry in the UK could learn a lot from them and their attitude towards customers.

I don't think that site is a problem, just a typical chinese type site, where ever it is, flash site run by people in back bedrooms, I have ordered many things from China etc and have NEVER had a problem in fact the service industry in the UK could learn a lot from them and their attitude towards customers.

That is great to know :D I feel a little better about placing my next order.

Most reactions

Back