My makeshift studio

Nagala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I borrowed a light kit from some friends and threw together a ghetto studio in an unfinished room upstairs. I'd have used my garage, but my dogs just aren't having that. Anyway, just wanted to show you a small part of my home and make believe I've got my own studio. Oh, and no, I'm not using that sheet. I actually invested 50 bucks in some paper. Now I just need some decent models. Ahem, ahem.

studio.jpg

What is that 2 umbrellas and a softbox! That is really cool.

Ill have to take a shot of mine, I use (2) 500W HomeDepot work lights, and a 2x2 frame covered with white landscaping fabric. And I use some diffrent solid colored curtains that I got for $5.00 at Value City. Mines in the basement as well.

It's actually 2 strobes with 3 umbrellas. The one on the left is a white one that doesn't reflect as much light. The light in there is a freaking monster, so I just use it to bump the backdrop up a couple stops. The only problem is the difference in Kelvin between the strobes and the halogen. Kind of hard to set a white balance. I have to give it all back after this weekend. I'll probably build a couple boxes with your help after that if I can bother you. ;)

Yeah, sure and where's my thanks huh ?? :wink:

Looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing your work from this studio. Feels awesome to walk into a place that is ALL YOURS and have some fun. Great job!

I was saving the thanks until after the shoot. I just set this up to mess around and test the light. I almost didn't want to post this ghetto version and wait until I set up the real deal, but oh well. But yeah, thanks so far, Alison, for helping me with some of the details. If I screw it up, can I blame it on you too? >:)

Nagala said:
I was saving the thanks until after the shoot. I just set this up to mess around and test the light. I almost didn't want to post this ghetto version and wait until I set up the real deal, but oh well. But yeah, thanks so far, Alison, for helping me with some of the details. If I screw it up, can I blame it on you too? >:)

Absolutely....NOT! :wink: So, where are the pictures??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back