My mate in his Mustang critique me!

I love the last two, the third one definitely being my favorite; I like the angle & also you're use of thirds!

But in the first one, I just don't like the way the light falls on his face. The last two look a lot more professional, but that's just my opinion!

Thanks P. Its funny, as I didnt know I was using 3rds!!!! LOL. Oh well. Glad you like the shots. My personal fav is the 1st one, but I do have really odd taste in my shots,the ones I think are great dont do well, and the ones I like least are often crowd pleasers. Yeah, James is pretty easy on the eye eh? We were out the night before so I was the DUFF! Thanks for your feedback!!!! :)

#1 shooting in bright sun is difficult... you did manage to keeps some shadow detail, but still not a keeper.

#2 color treatments like this can sometimes add to the subject, but I don't think this is one of those times. Focus point and DOF are questionable also.. very little is sharp...

#3 best of the bunch ,, but a very muddy b&w conversion.. it lacks contrast, and that makes it look almost soft. All gray.... almost underexposed looking.. and this is the only one that comes close to using the ROTS.. unintentional or otherwise.

my take... added contrast, and changed the midtones up a bit ( I did not "sharpen" it.. but see how much sharper it looks?) Contrast and sharpening have much in common...

6858872951_99250ee3ea_z.jpg

thanks cgipson1! Great feedback. I like the added contrast of the changes you made, Maybe a little too black for me, but a defo improvement over my edit. My Dof is always shallow as I like to shoot wide open for speed and and bokeh, I dont really think about it too much. What would you have done with the aperture on this shot? I was at F2.8. Thanks again. Paul :0)

thanks cgipson1! Great feedback. I like the added contrast of the changes you made, Maybe a little too black for me, but a defo improvement over my edit. My Dof is always shallow as I like to shoot wide open for speed and and bokeh, I dont really think about it too much. What would you have done with the aperture on this shot? I was at F2.8. Thanks again. Paul :0)

2.8 is fine for this... it allows for a nice, relatively shallow DOF. The eyes are nicely sharp.. that is what really matters! That and what you intended the shot to look like... the close background is less sharp then your friend's face.. so it works, and yet you can still see some nice detail in the dash..

yes like u, i too liked the first....third softer image looks better than contrasty. ....my view.

yes like u, i too liked the first....third softer image looks better than contrasty. ....my view.
cheers gopal. Actually. the main reason for this pic is that it is primarily for his facebook profile! He is looking to date so I went lighter as it was kinder on his skin!!!!!

Most reactions

Back